ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Communications

Old January 8th, 2009   #1
jh2rc97

Default Autocom Units for Cheap

If you ever wanted an Autocom system Call or e-mail Carl Johnson at European Cycle Sport in Plano, TX at 972-881-0774 cjohnson@bmwmotorcycledallas.com

Today I stopped by to get a replacement extension cable and was told they are clearing out all of the Autocom equipment and don't plan on selling it in the future. This works out good for us as they want to get rid of them. He offered and I bought a KIT300 for $150. This kit retails for $389 and is for sale from the distributor for $299 so $150 is a very good price. They do have the other kits, some more some less based on functions. I don't work for either Autocom or European Cycle Sports. I just found this deal and wanted ya'll to know about it. he tried to sell me a BMW while I was there. I didn't go for that.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009   #2
jh2rc97

Default Re: Autocom Units for Cheap

http://www.topgearaccess.com/store/i...ts/kit300.html

Here is the website for info on the unit I bought.
Old January 9th, 2009   #3
jimjam
Donators

Wow! That's a great price. IMHO, Autocom is the best and most capable comm/audio system you can buy for a bike. Their customer service is outstanding - they really want their stuff to work correctly on your bike, and the system is really rugged - mine has lived in my L toaster oven for almost 5 years, and has been flawless. It perfectly integrates my Zumo (Jill and MP3), Rider to passenger, bike to bike, cell phone and radar. I'm lucky to live "cross town" from TopGear, and have bought several systems from them directly for my buddies. They are great people to work with.
jimjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009   #4
jh2rc97

I have had a Duo300 Kit on my St1300 for the last two years and it is great. Audio is very good, noise cancelling and auto volume all work great. I have it connected to a Yaesu FTM-10R which is a dual band HAM transceiver that also receives broadcast FM stereo, and the head unit is waterproof. The combo of the two works great. I actually had stopped in to replace the cord that runs from the unit to the headset as the end has cracked and one of the mic wires has a bad connection, but that is from use. So with buying the 300Kit I got the cable I need and since I can forsee needing a replacement headset some time in the next few years the $150 for the kit is only alittle more than the individual items would have been. A spare unit is always good to have.
Old January 9th, 2009   #5
JimlWright

Thanks for the heads up.

I called Carl and ordered up one of the last items he had - Kit 200 all taxes and shipping of $151.55 and he is shipping it to NYC where my friend lives. I live in Toronto so I will have to wait before installing it.

Anyone have any installation instructions? Where have you mounted it on the ST? Any writeups to be had?

By the way, the email doesn't work for Carl so calling is better if you are still interested.
JimlWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009   #6
jh2rc97

I mounted mine under the rear seat at the very back. That is also where I have the main unit for the Yaesu FTM-10R which is about the same size as the Autcom unit. I will take same pictures and post later.

Alan
Old January 10th, 2009   #7
jmcglash

Alan,

I have been wanting an Autocom for a while and now. Thanks to your lead I have finally one on order and it is due to arrive in a week. It should make the wife a bit less nervous when I take the kids out for a ride if I can keep tabs on them.

The price is so low the must be bellow cost just to clear the stock and get something back. They do not have many units left but Carl was a great help.

If anyone does call and they are sold out please post here so they don't keep getting calls for an item they do not carry any longer.

Jim
jmcglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009   #8
billp117
Donators

I ordered the Kit150-duo. I would rather had the Kit300...but I guess this will work OK.

Carl might have another one left. Guess I should have ordered some of the required interface cables. The prices are not fantastic since others are selling them for 1/2 price...check the Autocom site for installation details.

Good luck...Carl was nice to work with, but they are closed until Tuesday.

Bill
billp117 is offline   Reply With Quote