ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Communications

Old April 10th, 2016   #1
Georgia dawg

Default Sena SMH10R

Just installed this system in my helmet, so far I'm impressed. Good clarity, and for me lots of volume. The removable liners in my helmet made for a really neat installation. The only visible components are the main controller and the battery pack. I've yet to road test it, I'll report back when I do.
Georgia dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016   #2
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sena SMH10R

I have been hearing some good things about the Sena 10 and the Sena 20 systems.

I keep waiting for the Cardo G4 I have to quit but it just won't die. I would like to upgrade and modernize and the Sena is on my list.
Old April 11th, 2016   #3
Georgia dawg

Short road test yielded excellent results. Music was loud and clear, I stopped and called the wife as a test and she reported good clarity. I had a call come in while riding and I was able to answer via VOX. May be a while before I can try intercom between bikes. I'd recommend connecting all the gadgets and going through the setup before installation in your helmet. That way you're not sitting in the house with your lid on like I was while you're doing the setup.
Old April 11th, 2016   #4
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia dawg View Post
Short road test yielded excellent results. Music was loud and clear, I stopped and called the wife as a test and she reported good clarity. I had a call come in while riding and I was able to answer via VOX. May be a while before I can try intercom between bikes. I'd recommend connecting all the gadgets and going through the setup before installation in your helmet. That way you're not sitting in the house with your lid on like I was while you're doing the setup.
Shameful, none of us would ever sit around, with a helmet on.
Be brash, young'un.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2016   #5
Paul st1300

When I had ridden three days in a row , I told my wife I was going to go ride again that day. She said all you have been doing this week is ride. There are other thing that need to be done around here. So no! So as I worked around the house I had my helmet on. I did not tell her I was also listening to satellite radio. After 2 hours of looking at me she said, just go I am sick of looking at you with that glowing helmet on. Thanks so high viz works I said. I got the death stare so I just walked out. And I rode.
STOC #8864
Paul st1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2016   #6
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul st1300 View Post
When I had ridden three days in a row , I told my wife I was going to go ride again that day. She said all you have been doing this week is ride. There are other thing that need to be done around here. So no! So as I worked around the house I had my helmet on. I did not tell her I was also listening to satellite radio. After 2 hours of looking at me she said, just go I am sick of looking at you with that glowing helmet on. Thanks so high viz works I said. I got the death stare so I just walked out. And I rode.
It worked .

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2016   #7
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

LOL Were you making those Vaaaroom noises too?

I do have to wonder how long the batteries will last, though.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2016   #8
Paul st1300

Well I don't think I was making Vaaaroom noises but I could have been singing off key.
STOC #8864
Old April 12th, 2016   #9
Paul st1300

I have an older chatter box system that worked pretty good on my old wing, but when I tried it on the St1300 going down the road it amped up the ST whine noise so bad that it did not work. I am very interested in the Sena 10 or 20.
STOC #8864
Old April 19th, 2016   #10
Georgia dawg

Gave the system another road test, I'm finding music to be a distraction. The fidelity is good but not good enough to enjoy the music unless it's loud, and I don't like loud right in my ears. The phone worked well, I called a friend just to test it. The voice command worked, he had no idea I was riding until I told him. I flipped up the shield of my full face helmet and he said he couldn't tell a difference. I think the system will be a worthwhile investment, especially for Mapquest instructions.