ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Communications

Old April 4th, 2012   #1
EarnhardtSportsman

Default J&M CB radio

Anyone getting good results with this setup? My father in law has one on a cruiser installed by Sierra Electronics and he may can talk 100 yards. Pete at bikemp3.com is working on a cb of this type but it isn't ready yet. I was thinking about using a 4 foot firestick but rode the cruiser this weekend with the SO intercom was nice as was I Touch music but cb broadcast was really poor. Was wanting some feedback from you that have them. I need to be able to talk with my wing and Ultra Classic buddies.
Thanks,
Eddie
EarnhardtSportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012   #2
seayakerrob

Default Re: J&M CB radio

I have the J&M with all the bells and whistles. I have a small fire stick for an antenna and I get good results. Initially I was getting some alternator noise on the aux audio channels but I was able to get rid of it buy routing the main connector for the harness down the front of the bike right where the front break lines are tied into from the calipers. I was surprised that just moving the location of the connector made it nice and quite. I am very happy with it, use my iPhone for navigation and music and can talk to my friends on their ultra classics over the CB. It is pretty pricy compared to the other solutions, but non of them offer a CB solution. To bad they don't install FRS as an option on the Harleys and wings or I probably would have gone with a nice Bluetooth solution. Good luck with it.
Old April 5th, 2012   #3
EarnhardtSportsman

Thanks, I spoke with Pete tonight via the GL1800riders.com forum and he has a ST with J&M setup.He said he will know more about the new cb by the end of the month. His wing version uses the stronger HD cb radio and ties into the wings controls just like OEM. He makes some good products.
EarnhardtSportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012   #4
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Contact Tom Loftus, a friend of mine. Here is his email alias: tom.loftus@lstechllc.com

He has several ST1300's all of which have J&M CB's installed on them. He can probably give you some feedback.

BTW, he probably rides over 70,000 miles per year on the ST's. So, he'll have lots of practice using them.

Regards,
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015   #5
stozzie

I installed one on my ST for the exact purpose that my brother and dad have wings. The communication from my pov is excellent. Crystal clear most times with 2' Fire Stick. I also purchased the blue tooth module and for me it is one of the best multi units out there. I have tried the hubs and chatterbox units in the past on different rides, and for Wings there are not a lot of other options out there unless you want a hub and a portable (I don't recommend it). I also like the fact that during traffic situations you can switch over and pick up Semi chatter which will usually tell you what is going on, as well as flipping on the NOAA channels if you happen to be coming up on some bad looking weather. My dad recently sold his wing and just picked up a couple more units for his new ride and my youngest brothers ride also. Looking forward to the family rides where we can finally all talk, where as before at the most three out of four had capability.

Last edited by stozzie; June 13th, 2015 at 11:27 PM.
stozzie is offline   Reply With Quote