ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Other

Old June 7th, 2016   #31
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Default Re: FI (MIL) multiple codes reading . . .

To read any stored fault codes do this:
  • Using a jumper, short the brown and green/orange wires on the diagnostic connector.
  • Turn the ignition switch on.
  • Set the engine stop switch to RUN.
  • If the FI indicator lights and remains on, there are no fault codes.
  • Note the number of blinks in each group and consult ECMFaultCodes for interpretation.
  • Count a long blink (about 1.3 seconds) as ten (e.g, two long blinks and one short blink is code 21).
  • Codes 25 and 26 are reversed in the manual. See ServiceManualCorrections for details.
  • Turn the ignition switch off.
  • Remove the jumper from the diagnostic connector.

To clear the codes do this:
  • Turn the engine stop switch to the RUN position.
  • Turn the ignition off.
  • Using a jumper, short the brown and green/orange wires on the diagnostic connector.
  • Turn the ignition on.
  • Remove the jumper from the diagnostic connector.
  • When the FI indicator lights, immediately short the brown and green/orange wires on the diagnostic connector again.
  • Verify that the FI indicator goes off and then begins blinking.
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

The original ST1100 LiST is at www.st-riders.net
Wjbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016   #32
Luiggi ST
Donators

Great!! I will follow your indications, thank you so much for everybody's inout, tequila is on me if you are around!!
Old June 8th, 2016   #33
chaissos
Donators

Don't reset until you fix the problem - if there is one. It will just come back.
Old June 8th, 2016   #34
Wjbertrand
ST guru

I always just write down the codes and clear them. Most of the time in my experience they don't come back. If there's actually an issue it will come back again.

-Jeff
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

Old August 5th, 2016   #35
Luiggi ST
Donators

Hello everyone, I thought I should post an update regarding the issues I am experiencing, so far I have done the following:

- Have run a couple of gas tanks using a fuel injector mix which improved response a bit.
- Have checked the knock sensors connectors in both sides of the engine, did not removed them out of their socket because the cables did not have enough slack and did not want to mess them up, but they looked clean, no cracks nor missing plastic bits, nor evident heat exposure damage
- Removed and cleaned the air filter (it wasn't that dirt but ordered a brand new one just in case)
- Removed the 5 way "T" in the throttle body, it came clean as a whistle, no debris nor gum nor any dirt inside, used a paper clip to go through each hole and used compressed air to make sure all was clear
- Checked battery terminal and all were firm and secure, no loose cables around the engine bay when I had the Tupperware off

When I turn the key the FI light comes on and I hear it is working because a little hissing sound comes from under the seat, after 2 or 3 seconds the light goes off, then I will hit the start engine button and everything runs fine, so this is ST’s standard behavior so far.

In almost two months that I have done above procedures I have been ridding the bike almost every day to commute to my work on a 28 - 30 Celsius temperatures and on three or four times the bike has suddenly shown some lack of power and some hesitation, at the same time in a couple of those events the FI light blinked shortly and then it went off again, the FI light does not blink in all the hesitation issues I have experienced.

I was hoping for the FI light to remain on so I could verify the code and confirm what the issue may be.

Despite all the work I have done, now I do not feel confident to take the bike on a ride out of town because I am afraid this hesitation my affect the bike permanently.

I have to say that when I get one of those hesitation issues, I place the bike in neutral and rev'up the engine to about 4,000 RPM and this seems to help and clear the issue, but again not sure what may be causing this.

So what else should be??
Gracias amigos!!!
Old August 5th, 2016   #36
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Have you checked the ECM memory for codes? Even if the FI light goes back out there may have been a code stored anyway. The system is designed to store the codes for some period of time to help with intermittent problems.

As I was writing that, it occurs to me to carefully inspect the kill switch function and contacts. A momentary interruption in the contacts there will cause a hesitation and activate the FI light momentarily.

-Jeff
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200