ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Riding & Touring > Riding Gear, Equipment & Services > Insurance

Insurance Do you have a favorite insurance company? Tell us why or why not here.

Old March 31st, 2011   #21
bygdawg

Default Re: Progressive Insurance!

Just switched to them, and I have heard nothing but good things about their coverage.
bygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011   #22
rodm850g

Default Re: Progressive Insurance! {longish, sorry}

Guys,
We were with "Allsteal"forever..over 20 years, then came the "teenage driver"
syndrome. Long and short of it was in one year of trying to drive my insurance went from a managable $14-$1500. a year for three vehicle to what was to have been $5000....MAN I was about to flip out! THe offending teen was about to trot of to higher academia so she was given a choice , college and walk or trade school and drive on her dime....care to guess...
So wth my "good" insurance at risk she walked for three years and my ins only came down $1500. a year NOT good....I went to my agent and asked was there any way to get me a better price on all the coverages I was buying from them....They tell my to take higher deductibles....only saved a few hundred a year...this might have satisfied some but not me my record was clean and so was Wifey's.
Then I was sellin bikes and we were trying to find an ins company we could call on and get folks at least minimum coverage....a fellow sent his agent to our store to set us up and she told us she could save us big bucks if we would change to them...I gave her what I wanted for coverages,limits, deductibles and all that and by the next day she called me and I dropped the other guy like a hot tater.....she beat him up by another $1200 bucks ....Funny was an "allsteal" dealer too....imagine that
Well time marches on and all good things come to an end like my relationship with this dude when he changed my policy without a notification,I didn't find out about til I had a claim......lucky it was a property claim and not an accident....
We had gotten another agent to get ins for sales that was closer and fasyer with quotes and was less costly too{State Farm} by now all of my fleet has been changed and my associated costs are slightly more all of our fleet is fairley new and the autos have full coverage and on the motorcycle side my ST has full coverage its about $400 a year w/a $50 ded on Comp. check that out My other two bikes a 99 VFR and 79 GS850G only cost me about $250 a year minimum coverages so I feel tht State Farm is helping me save money.....Its a shame that "Allsteal " agent couldn't find me a savings,but another for the same company could...then we came across a different company that really saved us some on insurance.....I feel that you should price your company against another every year ...say a month or so before your insurance renews, to see if they are looking after your best interests....OK enough of this the sun is shining and there are roads out there calling take care
Old May 4th, 2011   #23
HueyDriver

I tried to go through USAA (As I do for everything)...they partner with Progressive...so that is who I have.
HueyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011   #24
Blue STreak
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
I had progessive for a while until I found out they were twice as much as Geico. I like that little critter. I have a 07 Wing and a 07 ST insured with them.
Progressive is much cheaper for me (motorcycle) than GEICO was, so I switched.

The thing to remember is that every company has it's own rate tables, and factors in things like the bike, the age of the rider, accident history, ticket history, location, income and debt, and more, their own way. So for a 50 year old rider of a touring bike, with no tickets, living in a rural area, company B may be cheaper than company A. For a 35 year old rider with a speeding ticket and an accident in the last year, riding a CBR600, and living in suburban LA, the reverse might be true.

The only way to know who's going to be cheapest for YOU is to make the phone calls, visit the web sites, and do the hard work of comparing them.
Blue STreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011   #25
joe mashchak

I have had progressive in the past with no problems . But STAY AWAY FROM FARMERS INSURANCE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE GO TO http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/
joe mashchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011   #26
Blue STreak
Super Moderator

Thanks for that link. I was wondering about Farmers a while bac.
Blue STreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013   #27
Kanju

Unhappy Re: Progressive Insurance!

Allstate beat progressive in my case, by close to $250.00 a year. Some of which was the multi-policy discounts which Progressive did not honor if I took USAA and insured my ST with them. I agree that you should check prices annually though.
Kanju is offline   Reply With Quote