ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1100 Forums > General

General For posts related to the Honda ST1100.

Old March 7th, 2015   #51
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2015 fjr

I think I want a BMW K1600GT...

Okay, just kidding.

My ST1300 was the most wonderful motorcycle I ever expected to own. When I bought it, it was all that I could afford and it was a couple years before I could afford to spend any money on modifications. I started riding at age 6 on a Honda, I stayed with Honda on 3 wheelers, I have a "Honda Loyalty".

I wish Honda would have updated the ST1300. I could have easily ridden my ST1300 another 150K miles. But I wanted Cruise Control. I wanted Electronic Suspension. I wanted New and Improved. Honda refused to help me.

I will be riding my FJR to work tonight. It will not be vibrating.
Old March 7th, 2015   #52
echo
The sky is falling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
You can't seriously believe that Honda monitors Internet traffic, Seriously!

In the overall scheme of things ST sales are nothing and would in noway justify the expense of monitoring users forums.
Pop-up ads? You need to check your browser settings.
I get no pop-up ads ever for the wide array of sites I visit.

Honda made no effort to update the ST when all around them released new models or updated those in current release.
During the 1300's production run Honda built a new production line and consolidated the facilities to the point the stopped production of the GoldWing in the U.S. When we did not see a updated ST come out of the new plant the writing was clear for those that could read it.
Honda cared so little about ST sales numbers that there would be no updated version. The countdown clock on the ST future started at that point. We then saw skipped production years where none were produced. It became clear the ST's days were numbered.
The CTX spelled the end. It shares so very little with the sport touring version I seriously doubt the production line could be modified to produce both. A totally different frame took the CTX into new model designation areas and it became even easier to not just skip a year but eliminate it in total.
Honda owned the sport touring market for almost two decades but that market was outright taken away from them because they decided the ST was good enough as is and needed nothing to maintain current sales levels. Obviously sales dropped or we would not have seen skipped years.

In my opinion we stand only a slight chance, very slight, of ever seeing another ST and that is if police models remain in production.
It police bike sales do not justify the cost of production we are done here.

Hello Yamaha.
Early teething troubles have been successfully addressed and fairly regular up-dates have turned the FJR into not just a serious contender but the leader of the pack. The latest generation FJR wheels off the showroom floor as a complete package with personal preference items well represented in the aftermarket, something the ST was lacking.

There is no more ST. Get over it. Quite whining.
Get on-board the future or get out of the way.
That light at the end of the tunnel is a FJR coming your way.
Get it a wide berth and due respect it is the King.

Paul
Don't want a FeeGer. Physical problems in my old age make it unwise to ride bikes like that anymore. In done with it, but would like others to know the joy as I did.

Afraid Im stuck with a CRF250L now but if it works out my body can tolerate it, I'll be making an Adventure Bike out of it.

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015   #53
Sleestak

Talking Re: 2015 fjr

I am just glad I was able to get a ST with low miles. I am looking forward to riding it for a long time all over our beautiful country. I was considering the FJR ,but my Honda loyalty and finding a good deal on one sealed the deal.
The weather here in Indiana appears to be turning the corner towards spring!! I am getting excited as riding season approaches

Old March 7th, 2015   #54
bowtie39

Probably agree about the FJR rising....however, in my neck of the woods anyway, the main platform I see rising is the adventure bikes. Going to RTE's and looking in the parking lot almost everyone is on some brand of a adventure bike. Sometimes I'm the only touring style bike there. Maybe a craze, but everyone I talk to about them are convinced adventure bikes are more comfortable and are now being loaded up with all the bells and whistles these sport touring bikes have. And they are usually quite a bit lighter which I'm always reminded of by these guys! Make me think twice
bowtie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015   #55
ibike2havefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie39 View Post
Probably agree about the FJR rising....however, in my neck of the woods anyway, the main platform I see rising is the adventure bikes. Going to RTE's and looking in the parking lot almost everyone is on some brand of a adventure bike. Sometimes I'm the only touring style bike there. Maybe a craze, but everyone I talk to about them are convinced adventure bikes are more comfortable and are now being loaded up with all the bells and whistles these sport touring bikes have. And they are usually quite a bit lighter which I'm always reminded of by these guys! Make me think twice
Never underestimate the powerful effect of fashion.

When mountain bikes first caught on they dominated the marketplace big-time. It was nearly impossible to find decent road bikes and touring bikes... well, who'd want one of those?

Twenty years later the pendulum has swung back the other way. Everyone who thought mountain bikes were more comfortable got tired of flogging them into the wind and beating themselves to death riding knobby dirt tires on the road, and of constantly getting passed and dropped by those who had stuck with their road bikes. So now they are back to buying road bikes.

But it's still: touring bikes? Who'd want one of those?
Now to try to wear it out.

ibike2havefun is offline   Reply With Quote