ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Riding & Touring > Regional Groups > Vermont

Old May 28th, 2010   #1
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Default ST rider in Vermont State ?

Hi . . .
sometime on weekend,I cross the Vermont border to ride around.Anybody on this forum live near my place ?
(Frelighsburg,QC.)
Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010   #2
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Default Re: ST rider in Vermont State ?

Hi ,Again . . .

Well . . . it would have been nice to meet somebody from Vermont near my place (Frelighsburg,Quebec.) We both . . . could have share our knowledge of " our side of the border "with the other one by riding togetter ,on local ride on each side of the border sometime on weekend.

I did cross the Vermont border to ride around ,many time already this year . . . I have near of 2k (miles) done already ,since I wrote the first post.

As an example . . . last week end ;Friday I did 360 miles riding in the Lake Champlain ilands and Green Montain national forest in Vermont only and on Saturday 450 miles by riding in Vermont New Hamshire and Maine . . . went on route 17 to see the Moosehead lake scenic view and came back and . . . route 16 from Rangelay to New Hamshire have been fixed at last

Daniel
Old July 8th, 2010   #3
Kempo-STer

Daniel...

A bunch of us will be getting together in Vermont (in Groton) in September for the weekend. (We call it NNESTOC) NNE = Northern New England.

We do the same 2 weeks later down here in Connecticut if you care to stretch your legs that far..
Kempo-STer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010   #4
GRN

Just missed me or I would have loved the excuse... let me know if you head west.
GRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010   #5
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Thumbs up Re: ST rider in Vermont State ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempo-STer View Post
Daniel...

A bunch of us will be getting together in Vermont (in Groton) in September for the weekend. (We call it NNESTOC) NNE = Northern New England.

We do the same 2 weeks later down here in Connecticut if you care to stretch your legs that far..
Kempo-STer ...

I know about the NNESTOC event . . .I been reading the forum on a regular base since many years now .

I migth be going at " Groton " in September this year . . . it will be a good occasion to meet some of You Guys

There is not a lot of "ST" riders . . . near the Vermont border and Quebec border , on this forum compare to the number of "ST" I meet on the roads of New England . . .

But there is someting even more strange . . .also noticed Your almost complete absence on our roads of My side of the border . . . why is this . . .any idea why ...

Just trying to understand why province of Quebec's roads, along the New York,Vermont,New Hamshire and Maine borders don't atract . . . observation base on the fact that I been ridding since the beginning of the '70 on both side of the borders . . .

Daniel
Old July 9th, 2010   #6
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN View Post
Just missed me or I would have loved the excuse... let me know if you head west.
GRN ... don't you mist New England

Daniel
Old July 9th, 2010   #7
GRN

Not yet
GRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010   #8
Kempo-STer

That is interesting Dan. (about riding in Quebec)
I've been with GRN right up the NH/QC border but never crossed.

I will be riding to New Brunswick on Thursday (mosy of my family lives there). I may ride an hour West on Saturday morning from Grand Falls to Quebec and take a quick loop around.

There are not a lot of Quebec STer presence either here or on the other ST site..Maybe that's why? Just a guess?
Kempo-STer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011   #9
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
Hi . . .
sometime on weekend,I cross the Vermont border to ride around.Anybody on this forum live near my place ?
(Frelighsburg,QC.)
Daniel
UPDATE
Hi again . . . Vermont rider at Following an e-mail received last week from a member on this forum . . . I realised that I had to update this thread because some important parameter has change in my riding time since I wrote in the end of May 2010.

What has change is that I only work on " WEEK ENDS SHIFT " now,except when I have to replace some coworker on week shift sometime,and this is since October 2010 . . . so I am still trying to find a near by " Riding Partner " but it is now for the " WEEK DAYS ONLY " . . . Monday to the Friday

Daniel

Last edited by LEINADEUGAL; July 7th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old July 6th, 2011   #10
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Yesterday ,for the first time . . . I had the chance to ride in Vermont and New-Hampshire for a 550 KLM ride accompanied by Todd ,TB20710 ,a new Vermont member with a 2005 ST and one of is friend,Dean ,a very experienced motorcyclist on is Sporster 1200.

A special thanks to both for the nice day I have spent in your compagny and for the nice road You made me discover and guided me through .

Next time . . .it will be on my side of the border.

For you Todd ,because Dean already did and he still doing it . . . il faut profitter de la vie pendant que l'on est vivant car nous seront mort longtemps

Daniel

P/S. To our good Chief Bottle-washer or . . . Todd " TB20710 . . . "http://www.st1300.us.com/member.php?u=2509 told me ,yesterday he is not able to post on the forum . . . for some reason .Thank You

Last edited by LEINADEUGAL; July 7th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.