ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > General

General For posts related to the Honda ST1300.

Old June 16th, 2017   #11
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
I have trouble posting links. Call it ignorance on my part.

FWIW, I appreciate the effort to post the information and can certainly work with that information from there.

And I think that was the man's first post here, I think he should be congratulated for posting something useful, not chastised for not doing all the work.

Agreed. He may discouraged from further contributions now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

The original ST1100 LiST is at www.st-riders.net
Wjbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017   #12
railroadrider
Donators

Default Re: LED Replacement Headlight Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlF View Post
Had a 2006 ST1300 which about two years ago, I installed LED's in the headlights. Low beam reasonable but high beam pretty useless.
Recently purchased a 2013 ST which I have just installed some "generation 5" LED's into. Oh my what a difference. I cannot believe how good they are.
They are adjustable so can be rotated inside the reflector housing to give a clean horizontal cutoff line, and the high beams go forever.
The heat sink is removable so the dust boot can be installed and the heat sink screwed back on after installation. Very easy to do. No fan, just a heat sink. Price was $69.95, hard to beat for the quality.
Came from a company on the web called GENSSILED. Put a .com after it and it should get you there.

Hey MerlF, Thanks for the info and the pic. Most of us appreciate info even if we have to do a little background work after the fact.
railroadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017   #13
MerlF

Smile Re: LED Replacement Headlight Bulbs

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the support. I wasn't sure what the policy was for posting complete URL's so played the logic game. Some sites in my experience don't like that.One concerned individual certainly will not detract me from enjoying the site.
Blue One, I am sure you can figure it out, you hail from Edmonton, I hail from B C. Good old Canadian boys can usually add .com to gennsiled and come up with a URL.
Thanks for "all" of the comments and hope you found the information useful
MerlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2017   #14
technician

Sorry for not replying sooner having a few p.c. problems. I have looked for the manufacturer details of my LED bulbs but I'm afraid to say have been unsuccessful, all I can remember is they cost me about £45.00 from e-bay which I know puts many people off straight away. There is a UK company that will supply all the other bulbs but will only supply HID hits for the headlights and they can be found here, http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting “WOW, What a Ride!”
technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017   #15
technician

I have managed to find the pack my bulbs came in and they are made by a company called SEALIGHT but the sets available on eBay at the moment look different , alternatively Nighteye bulbs look very similar and I am informed are reliable.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting “WOW, What a Ride!”
technician is offline   Reply With Quote