ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting

Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting Do you have a favorite set of tires? Tell us about them here.

Old July 3rd, 2014   #221
Guaglio

Default Re: ST1300 Tire choices and sizes

Have a great trip Redfish!
Guaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014   #222
billy396

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
I am tired of the Pilot Road 2s. I think I will try the Avon Storm. Any Avonites out there?
I put the Avon Storms on my last Connie and I loved them. I sold the bike before I had a chance to wear them out, so I can't comment on longevity. They did, however, handle very well. I could find nothing to complain about.

My ST13 has new Dunlops that came with the bike when I bought it. They seem to work ok so far.
billy396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014   #223
Guaglio

I just recieved, and put on my new 020's at 15,350 miles ! Not bad for a set of m/c tires. Rode home in the rain, and so far so good. I didn't really push it though, knowing they're not actually broken in yet. If these last as long as my last set, I'll be happy! I was looking at the pr4's, but at almost twice the price, I thought it better to go with the bridgstones, I've never had them slip on me in the rain, and never had an issue with them cornering.

Here's hoping you all had a good weekend beer
my best
Eddie
Guaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014   #224
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Here's my BT023GT rear after 6500 miles, just through to the banding. I liked them, sure footed although I'd like the mileage to be a bit more. I ordered another pair and when I went to collect them they didn't have any so gave me a pair of T30's to try for the same price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0037[1].jpg (48.1 KB, 138 views)
Old September 8th, 2014   #225
skier207
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2m View Post
Here's my BT023GT rear after 6500 miles, just through to the banding. I liked them, sure footed although I'd like the mileage to be a bit more. I ordered another pair and when I went to collect them they didn't have any so gave me a pair of T30's to try for the same price.
Wow quite a difference in mileage, I got a little over 9K on my last 023GT still had some tread left to go. By looking at your tire it looks like you ride a bit harder than I do.
skier207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014   #226
v4forever

Wow,
I just went past 10,000 miles on my BT023 GT and I still have over 2 mm left of tread in the center.
Think it starts with 6.5 mm when new.
Different road material I guess.
v4forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014   #227
ibike2havefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier207 View Post
Wow quite a difference in mileage, I got a little over 9K on my last 023GT still had some tread left to go. By looking at your tire it looks like you ride a bit harder than I do.
Might be a difference in road surface, as v4forever noted. The rural British roads beat the crap out of my bicycle tires and rims because of a high fraction of sharp flint (?) gravel in the macadam when we were there in 2002. Not so much nice smooth asphalt there, at least on country back roads, and the chip-and-seal roads eat tires for breakfast.
Now to try to wear it out.

ibike2havefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014   #228
v4forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2m
Here's my BT023GT rear after 6500 miles, just through to the banding. I liked them, sure footed
I have 2 more pairs of BT023GT's to burn up in the garage. At least you set a new standard on wearing them down to nothing.
v4forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014   #229
horst

riding two yup with luggage will wear down any tire

my Z6 rear is close to done at 10,000km but it sure was fun ... just did an Osoyoos run on the w/e and it was a blast ... no cords showing yet ! .... but nay day now

BT023 up front doing fine ....
horst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014   #230
SinNH
Donators

I'm just about to replace the BT023 rear on the ST with about maybe 500 miles left in it, so it lasted about 6600 miles, right on cue with all the other pairs I have run on other bikes. This is probably my 6-7-8th pair of the BT021 and 23's have great trust in them, wet or not. The rear on the ST was the first "GT" I have ever used, was hoping for some more longevity.
The 023's have been replaced by the T-30's , now on the Strom, looking like they may last a bunch longer on the lighter machine.
Got a pair of PR 3's ready for the ST, the scuttlebutt is they last at least into five digits.
Rode just over 420m yesterday, first time on the ST in about a month because of the blasted relentless heat and humidity here, anyway love that V-4.

"The right to keep and bear arms is the one right that allows rights to exist at all."
SinNH is offline   Reply With Quote