ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting

Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting Do you have a favorite set of tires? Tell us about them here.

Old March 2nd, 2015   #1
sculver

Default Bridgestone BT023GT vs Bridgestone T30-GT

I did a search before starting this thread and couldn't find anything on the new Bridgestone T30-GT.

I'm going to buy a new front tire and was wondering if anyone has any front tire advice or experience with the new T30-GT (http://www.bridgestone.com/products/...ttlax/t30.html) versus the 023GT http://www.bridgestone.com/products/...lax/bt023.html

From what can find the new T30-GT may have a little less mileage than the 023GT but is stickier.

Any input is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

Steve

Last edited by sculver; March 2nd, 2015 at 03:32 PM.
sculver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015   #2
chaissos
Donators

Default Re: Bridgestone BT023GT vs Bridgestone T30-GT

Stick-i-ness vs tire life will always be your trade off, whether on a bike, car or truck. Personally, I'd rather go for the short lifespan, and more stick - others disagree.
Old March 2nd, 2015   #3
sculver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Stick-i-ness vs tire life will always be your trade off, whether on a bike, car or truck. Personally, I'd rather go for the short lifespan, and more stick - others disagree.
Do you mean I'm not going to find a tire that sticks like super glue, lasts 25,000 miles, works just as good on wet roads as it does in the desert and all for $29.99 ?

Just kidding. Yeah, I realize there will be trade offs. I just like to hear what others have to say and learn from their experiences especially for tires since I haven't bought MC tires in a long time. Thanks for the input!

Steve
Old March 2nd, 2015   #4
chaissos
Donators

A lot of people are saying a lot of good things about the PR3s, and I expect the same to follow about the PR4s. I don't have enough miles on mine to speak about longevity, but the feel is pretty good - so far.
Old March 2nd, 2015   #5
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 111 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

I have no personal experience with the GT version of the BT023 or the T30GT. My 2015 FJR came with BT023, standard version. The FJR guys seem to like the BT023GT pretty well, they like the Michelin PR2 better.

I hated the BT-023 until I had about 1000 miles on them. Now I just dislike them. I am planning to install Michelin PR3s fairly soon.

For my friend Chaissos, I ran the PR4s for my last set of tires on the ST1300. I was not pleased with them, the rear wore out with less miles than the PR3 or PR2. The front PR4 lasted very well. I loved the PR3s on my ST1300.
Old March 2nd, 2015   #6
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

I loved the 023's, ran a rear ragged in 6.5K miles, now on a set of T30's but it's early days, to tell about wear, I've probably done about 1500 miles on them but I like them as much as the 023's for riding, handling etc.
Old March 3rd, 2015   #7
sculver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2m View Post
I loved the 023's, ran a rear ragged in 6.5K miles, now on a set of T30's but it's early days, to tell about wear, I've probably done about 1500 miles on them but I like them as much as the 023's for riding, handling etc.
Good morning to you in the UK! I appreciate the feedback. I've been reading what I can find on these tires and found, what I think, is a really good deal at Chaparral Motorsports on the T-30GT 120/70-18 on sale for $100.88 and free shipping (http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod.../330-0093.aspx)

Since this is the newer tire Bridgestone has out I've decided to go with this model if for nothing else the tire will have been manufactured more recently and it's cheaper while on sale. From what other riders have said on the web I don't think I can go wrong with either one.

Steve
Old March 3rd, 2015   #8
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Well I fluked delivery of mine, I was happy with the 023's and ordered a set from my local fitter, when I took the wheels in to him to get them fitted he said his supplier was out of stock so they had sent T30's at the same price, result!

Here's a link, about 6 down on the page explaining the difference between GT tyres for anyone unaware.

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/moto/your-journey/faq/#
Old March 3rd, 2015   #9
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 153 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

What does the Honda manual say about tires?
For those who believe the manual is correct about everything.

Options.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015   #10
SinNH
Donators

Information abounds on all four forums that I am active on comparing the T-30 to the 023, 021 and other brands of tires.

"The right to keep and bear arms is the one right that allows rights to exist at all."
SinNH is offline   Reply With Quote