ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Other

Old December 10th, 2014   #31
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: FI Code 26

Yes, it is fixed. The problem was a bad ECU. I replaced the ECU and did not have any issues for the next 12K or so miles.
Old December 10th, 2014   #32
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
The Honda Manual is WRONG concerning the wire colors for my '04 ST. It clearly states on pages 5-49 and 5-50 that the wire colors are:
Left Sensor Wire-Blue
Right Sensor Wire-Red/Blue
This is not correct for my bike. The manual has two sections for two different year groups. The first is for '03-'07. The second is for '07 and later.
My ST is wired like the '07 and later version. My sensor wires were:
Left Sensor Wire-Red/Blue
Right Sensor Wire-Black
I cant check for sure but in the Haynes manual there are significant differences between the States and European wiring diagrams. I wonder if this is where the issue arises.
Old October 8th, 2017   #33
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

From time to time I get a PM'ed question about this thread. I decided to re-read it today and I am actually somewhat surprised it is still relevant and useful.

I sure hope a few folks get some help by learning from my misery.
Old October 8th, 2017   #34
Skipcurt

Quote:
From time to time I get a PM'ed question about this thread. I decided to re-read it today and I am actually somewhat surprised it is still relevant and useful.

It definitely is. Do you happen to know or remember what size deep socket is needed to remove the sensors?

Skip
Skipcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017   #35
Redfish
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipcurt View Post
Do you happen to know or remember what size deep socket is needed to remove the sensors?

Skip
No, I never actually removed the sensor. Getting a socket deep enough to work AND getting it between the end of the connector and the inside of the exhaust pipe was almost impossible. Before I removed it I confirmed it worked by reading the voltage with the engine running.

I never believed it was the sensor anyway and I doubt that your sensor is bad either.
Old October 9th, 2017   #36
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:

It is still relevant and your misery is part of the forum knowledge now . . . a simple search on with " knock sensor " and it show up.

Recently , I had code 26 showed itself twice in this riding Season , on my 2003 .But it never stayed long enough to even affected the engine behavior .

I have associated this problem with the strange (MIL) multiple codes reading " ECU bug " I have experienced in August 2015 . . .
http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=4725 . . .in post #3 there is only one constant . . . it is code 26 .

I am waiting for the problem to show itself and stay , to establish correct diagnostic . . . chasing this ghost code is not evident ,right now.

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote