ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Lighting

Lighting Have you added High Intensity Display lights to your ST? Post a description and pictures here.

Old November 7th, 2015   #51
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Default Re: Headlight Modulator, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinNH View Post

Why does no one talk about beam angle?
My thoughts exactly, anyone can wind up the headlamp or load the rear to raise it.
Old November 7th, 2015   #52
Catmandu2

Not sure I am following the suggestion to raise the beam angle ?? Is this simply to shine more directly in oncoming traffic's eyes ?? If I understand correctly, I think that would be simply blinding, and I doubt it would create anything more than a negative reaction. Funny,,, when I got my ST,,, the fork mounted lighting was angled up a bit on both sides, so it seemed intentional. I adjusted them both back down so that down the roads surface was their focal point. They are very bright,, 50w each,, with a wide beam dispersion. Tipped down a bit,, the still present a strong near field illumination while creating a visual light triangle (for what that is worth, but I will take it).

Just so there is no confusion,, headlight modulation does not depend on shining a blinding beam directly into another drivers eyes,, of course. If a beam, whether it is modulated or not is improperly aimed, then that needs to be corrected before it contributes to an accident. Cat'
Catmandu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2015   #53
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmandu2 View Post
Not sure I am following the suggestion to raise the beam angle ??
I didn't mean that, It was more a reaction to you stating you had more comments regarding the brightness of your lights on the ST than you ever had with your years of riding other bikes.