ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself here, please.

Old June 11th, 2015   #21
Georgia dawg

Default Re: Another ST1300 wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Congrats! Where are the PICS???
I'll be proud to post a few pics when I figure out how! I've been on VN750.com for nearly two years and have yet to have success in loading pictures to that site. Nothing I do seems to work. It should be as easy as it is on Craigslist. Are instructions on the site?

Thanks.
Georgia dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015   #22
Mick
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia dawg View Post
I'll be proud to post a few pics when I figure out how! .
It can be confusing because some sites allow you to directly upload pictures and some require that your pictures be stored elsewhere on the web and be referenced via its location address (url). This site, unless I've missed something all these years, requires that the pics be referenced via their location on a separate, external website rather than directly uploading them.

In my case, I use a free picture hosting site called Photobucket.com to store my pictures. Once they're uploaded, you simply click on a picture which causes you to wind up on another page with the picture and a selection of 4 different kinds of links. Click on the one called "Direct". When you do that, it automatically places the address in your computer clipboard... it's the same as highlighting a word and doing a "copy", it's just a lazy, alternate way of doing it. Once that is done, the address is ready to be pasted to wherever you want it to go. Go to my Photobucket site HERE, click on a picture and you'll see the different links I'm talking about.

On this site, to post the picture, hit the icon with the with the yellow background and what looks like a mountain range and a sun in the foreground. It will prompt you for the url (the web address) at which time you'll paste in the address that you got from Photobucket.com. Once you've done that, the picture will appear when you either submit the reply or hit the preview button.

Other sites that require offsite picture storage, might have no icon for the job. In that case you just use a couple of simple html tags in the body of your message. The way to use them is to preceed the address with the tag "[img]" and end the address string with "[/img]". Note the difference in the two tags. The tag that goes on the end has a forward slash.

As an example, I'm going to attach a picture of the ram ball on my ST's dash shelf. I'll preceed the address with [img], follow it by the address which is http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...pskrxn1itj.jpg, and end it with [/img]. Here's what comes up when I enter the above and submit the post:

Last edited by Mick; June 11th, 2015 at 06:21 AM.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015   #23
chaissos
Donators

Not actually required...

Hit the "UserCP" link in the top blue bar...
- in the left hand column, under "Networking", click on "Pictures & Albums"
- Add Album (give it some silly name)...
- Open the album,
Then hit the "Upload Pictures" link.

Once all that's done, and you actually upload a picture, click on it. underneath it, there will be a link you can copy/paste "BB Code:"

Copy, and paste into some thread (or into Notepad or something to copy again, later, if you have a few).

Done.
Old June 11th, 2015   #24
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 150 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Or, Just click on the attachments paper clip icon and upload it from your choice of folders from your computer.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015   #25
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 150 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

EX. .062 Molex pins that I need to find, both male and female terminals for some Ford electric mirrors.

These are uploaded from my F-250 folder on my computer, no outside site needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150611_123001.jpg (19.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20150608_143451.jpg (38.1 KB, 36 views)

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015   #26
Georgia dawg

Lots of good advice. I tend to do almost everything with my ipad rather than a PC. Maybe that's part of the problem.
Georgia dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015   #27
Mick
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Not actually required...

Hit the "UserCP" link in the top blue bar...
- in the left hand column, under "Networking", click on "Pictures & Albums"
- Add Album (give it some silly name)...
- Open the album,
Then hit the "Upload Pictures" link.

Once all that's done, and you actually upload a picture, click on it. underneath it, there will be a link you can copy/paste "BB Code:"

Copy, and paste into some thread (or into Notepad or something to copy again, later, if you have a few).

Done.

Well danged if I didn't learn something today! Thanks Chaissos.

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015   #28
chaissos
Donators

It's how you'd create an album in the forum. It's a pretty good place to store your ST related pictures, so you can use them (over and over) in posts. Much easier (for me, anyway) than trying to remember which picture it was in the thousands I have on my server (or which post it was years later). Don't forget SWMBO also has full access to the pictures, so sometimes things get magically moved for me. She stays off my forums, though.
Old August 20th, 2015   #29
MorrisGray

Hey Ga Dawg... How are you liking the bike? How is the heat issue that you originally inquired about? And where do you live in GA? I grew up in Macon and now live in Rock Spring/Ringgold NW Ga area near Chattanooga.
MorrisGray is offline   Reply With Quote