ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > General Electrical, Fuse Holders, Switches

Old September 25th, 2014   #1
Grover

Default Fuse location of DC port

I just recently bought a used 2010 st1300. It had no manual with the bike. I am looking for the fuse position that is for the DC port in the right hand glove box. I've checked the fuses on the left side of the bike and they are all good. I do not see any fuses on the right side by battery. Can anyone advise were the power is fused and connected. I am assuming this port is wired. I have tested this port with no indication of power. Thanks
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014   #2
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Default Re: Fuse location of DC port

That port connects to the accessory harness under the left middle faring cover. I think there is a 2A fuse in-line with the port's pigtail harness. I don't know how close that fuse is placed to the plug on the harness, so it may be under the top binnacle where the windshield mechanism is. You should be able to find it following the accessory harness. It plugs in just behind the radiator and is routed up the cowl stay on the left side.

The Hondaline port has such small wires and low amperage fuse, that it's really only useful for charging a cell phone or powering an MP3 player. Anything much more than that will blow that little fuse immediately.
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

The original ST1100 LiST is at www.st-riders.net
Wjbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014   #3
Grover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I just recently bought a used 2010 st1300. It had no manual with the bike. I am looking for the fuse position that is for the DC port in the right hand glove box. I've checked the fuses on the left side of the bike and they are all good. I do not see any fuses on the right side by battery. Can anyone advise were the power is fused and connected. I am assuming this port is wired. I have tested this port with no indication of power. Thanks
Jeff thanks for the response. Accessing the front left side where you suggested looking, looks like an involved process. Not being familiar with the bike do I just start taking screws and snap buttons out or is there an process that I should follow. Thanks.
Old September 25th, 2014   #4
v4forever

Here is a site that gives you some good information on how to remove the left side.

http://www.touringmotorcyclists.com/...g_removal.html
v4forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014   #5
rikSTr
Forum Supporter

With the inner cowl removed from inside the lower fairingI was able to reach the fuse from the top next to the left locking glove box.

Last edited by rikSTr; September 26th, 2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo
rikSTr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014   #6
Grover

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4forever View Post
Here is a site that gives you some good information on how to remove the left side.

http://www.touringmotorcyclists.com/...g_removal.html
I had to take the right side off also to find where the wire was going for power. As you said--it led to the left side. The fuse was hidden behind some obstructing wiring. Finally-- the fuse was 2 amp and blown. I replaced it with a 3 Amp. I hope it will be OK. I also found the DC socket had no connectivity. I replaced it, cut some wires and was back in business.. I learned a lot about this bike doing this exercise. Found an extra key, located 2 ports for vest heating, and generally found my way around the bike. With all those pieces on the garage floor , I was apprehensive in getting it back together. I did get it together and am well satisfied. Thanks Jeff for the help and web sites for reference. Your counsel was very much appreciated.
Old September 27th, 2014   #7
v4forever

3 amp will be fine.
Now you need to pick up a heated coat or vest. They sure keep you riding in the colder weather.
v4forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014   #8
Mick
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I learned a lot about this bike doing this exercise.
If you want to learn even more, hook all those aftermarket DC ports to a central, easy to get to, fuse box as seen in THIS thread. That way, the next time a fuse blows, you only have to remove the seat and don't have to tear the bike apart (very inconvenient to do on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere).
My Facebook Page

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote