ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself here, please.

Old July 4th, 2008   #1
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Thumbs up Hi, I'm Joe Zulaski, your host and chief bottle-washer.

I am a fellow ST1300 owner. I've had two of the 2003 models and I owned a 98 ST1100 from Dec 1997 till 2003 (when the ST1300 first came out).

On a personal note, I've been married to the same wonderful lady for 25 years as of last May. We have 4 kids (all moved out now) and a ton of grandkids. So, you can imagine why I took up riding while they were all underfoot. ;-) I got into long distance riding and my first STeed was a 98 ST1100.

As a matter of fact, that is why I became the owner of this forum. Back in 2002, a lot of us were trying to learn all we could about the rumored ST1300 coming out and I joined an owner's forum called www.ST1300.us. Back then, it was one of two forums about the ST1300. The other one was www.My-Mc.com. It is still around today.

ST-Owners.com and ST-Riders.com came along later. ST-Riders.com is actually the old ST1100 email list that all of us were members of an it still has a lot of the same members on it.

But, I was looking for a place that only talked about the ST1300. This forum was originally located on Yahoo.com. The previous owner decided to buy a different bike and he offered to sell this the rights to the domain name to me. So, I took it over. I soon moved it off of Yahoo to MSN.com because Yahoo had a bunch of pop-up ads almost everytime you changed a screen.

After buying my first ST1300, I soon started designing farkles and installing them on the bike. I designed a dash shelf, an auxilary fuel tank, and a CB antenna bracket. I worked with my friends, Ron Smith and Roy Fletcher to make them. Roy is a wizard at metal fabrication and Ron was into marketing and selling Roy's products. Roy and Ron also make farkles for the GL1800.

I tried to make the ST1300 as comfortable as my old ST1100 but, my wife just wasn't able to like it. I think if I could have got a Russell seat for it, she would have been good but, instead I bought a used GL1800 that I knew she would be comfortable on and sold my first ST1300.

It soon became apparent to me that my wife, Julie, wasn't going to ride with me much if at all. So, after owning the GL1800 for a few years, I finally decided to sell it and get another ST.

I found a good buy on a used 2003 ST1300 and became another ST owner on November of 2007.

All along, I've maintained the ST1300.US forum and now MSN has decided to move all of its Groups off of MSN.com. We decided to move to vBulletin on a hosted platform rather than go to where MSN suggested. vBulletin has many more features than MSN.com for both the members and the admins.

I encourage you to read the HELP documents as they explain a lot of the new features for this forum and how to use them.

See you on the forum and I hope you enjoy it.

Best regards,
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Last edited by zldrider; November 10th, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010   #2
allstates

Default Re: Hi, I'm Joe Zulaski, your host and chief bottle-washer.

hello , i am looking for any info on riding to Alaska i have ridden my st 1300 in 48 states and my next long ride will up there . interested in what tires you may be using for that ride , have been using raodsmart so far
thanks allstates
allstates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010   #3
GRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstates View Post
hello , i am looking for any info on riding to Alaska i have ridden my st 1300 in 48 states and my next long ride will up there . interested in what tires you may be using for that ride , have been using raodsmart so far
thanks allstates
Hi. You are allowed to start your own thread, no need to be so modest.

Start by getting those tires off your bike, they are not approved by either manufacturer, and folks are having some pretty disturbing problems with them coming apart. There are several threads dedicated to this specific issue on several forums including this one.
GRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010   #4
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

The best thing to do is to get yourself a copy of "Milepost". It's a magazine all about travelling to Alaska and has everything you could possibly think of in it about that subject.

Also, do what GRN said, start your own thread. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstates View Post
thanks allstates
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010   #5
Paul

I have a Fall 1955 thru Spring 1956 edition of The Milepost.
Probably wont do much good unless you have a way-back machine.
1959 price $1.25 Postpaid $1.60 Airmail Postpaid
It might be slightly higher today.

Want to know what was going on at the 24 annual Tanana Vally Fair August 11,12,13 and 14 1955?
I have the Official Premium List from the Tanana Valley Fair Association in beautiful downtown Fairbanks, Alaska.
Admission to the fair $1.00 Children 16 and younger $.50.

Phone numbers were simpler back then.
The Ringstand Beverage C0. could be reached at 4050
Ringstand Beverage handled Pepsi-Cola, Squirt, Nesbitt's Orange, Hire's Root Beer, and Miller High Life Beer.
I do remember Shasta tested soda in cans while we there were there, the first soda in cans in Alaska.

Paul
Old October 1st, 2010   #6
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

I was in Fairbanks, in the military in '61 and '62.
Beautiful downtown Fairbanks wasn't beautiful.

Watching the U2 take off was a once in a lifetime sight, though.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013   #7
HonDan

Hello, Joe. My name's Daniel Wnuk. I just took delivery of a new 2010 ST 1300. It was a left-over from a Honda warehouse in Japan. I've been dreaming of an ST for years now and have owned many Honda motorcycles through the years. I'm looking forward to getting to know others and hope to learn more about my ST on your forum.
HonDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013   #8
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
Old August 29th, 2014   #9
starcitymark

Hello to all. I started riding in 1970 with Honda 350s, moved to a 500 and kept a CB750 for 19 years. Purchased a 1986 Voyager1200 in 95 and with 155000 miles on it I made the move. Started drooling over the ST1100 years age and now have a 2007 ST1300. Looking forward to "making it mine" and many years on the road. Be safe and see youon the road.
starcitymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014   #10
ligito
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcitymark View Post
Hello to all. I started riding in 1970 with Honda 350s, moved to a 500 and kept a CB750 for 19 years. Purchased a 1986 Voyager1200 in 95 and with 155000 miles on it I made the move. Started drooling over the ST1100 years age and now have a 2007 ST1300. Looking forward to "making it mine" and many years on the road. Be safe and see youon the road.
Come back to play, from time to time.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul