ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Lighting

Lighting Have you added High Intensity Display lights to your ST? Post a description and pictures here.

Old April 20th, 2014   #11
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Default Re: Headlight fuse blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammons View Post
I have an issue with my headlight switch. I doesn't always switch down to low when I toggle it . It will reset after a restart ( sounds like Microsoft ) Does anyone have a fix?
Have you checked what the lights are actually doing from the front of the bike, I had this with a corroded spade connector on one of the bulbs ground tags, It was more obvious looking from the front of the bike as the bulb wasn't so bright.
I think what happened was the connector hadn't been put on the bulb correctly and heated up the spade connector, It was pretty obvious when I found the problem as the plug had been overheated. If the front right bulb looses its earth connection this fault occurs.
LH fairing off gives you easy access to the plug from the handlebar switch, that's the easiest way to meter the switch to make sure its okay. This is probably the easiest access to the bulb connectors too.
Its a fairly complicated wiring arrangement to check with relays for hi and lo beam, if you get further in.
Old April 20th, 2014   #12
Drammons

Thanks for the quick response , I just checked the plugs on the oversized h3 lamps and they are fine .I did let the switch have it with Castle pure silicon and that seems to have fixed it for now. Hope it stays it's embarrassing to hit someone at night with all those watts
Drammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014   #13
Panfan

Drammons, I had the same problem and as you did I used silicon spray on the switch and its over a year now no repeat. Hope it works for you
Panfan is offline   Reply With Quote