ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > GPS, Navigation & Routing

Old April 13th, 2012   #11
TimM

Default Re: Zumo 660 vs To Tom Go 730

Of all the GPS's I have played with, the TomTom interface has won the portable war. My Nissan built-In wins the overall usability.

But TomTom's are NOT what I'd call full featured. They are basic, get the job done tools. You can select a destination, and it points you towards it. The display, mapping, and directions are quite useful and understandable. Zoom out is more or less worthless, and I'd never use the TomTom for trip or itinerary planning. But it will find a Motel 6 or Union 76 in the middle of nowhere. So it has the serious needs covered.

My TomTom experience is with the cheap models. The suction cup to the tank held four years without falling off. I now have a ball mount stud, if needed.
TimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012   #12
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 127 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Zumo 660 vs To Tom Go 730

I have a TomTom Rider for the motorcycle and I find it excellent - custom made for motorcycles with glove friendly touch screen and good quality directions in the ear from TomTom Jane (my choice of voice) via Scala Cardo headset. I prepare the itineraries via TYRE before I leave and modify them during trips as needs be. It connects to my phone via Bluetooth so I get calls and TXT messages as I ride. It knows if you are moving so switches off the ability to make calls and send txts until the bike has been stationary for a suitable period.

I also have a top of the range model for the car and again, superb. Just about everyone I know has a TomTom - only one guy has a Garmin and it has features that the TomTom does not, and vice versa.

But of course, we are all different and what suits me will not suit everyone else.

, Dick
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote