ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > General

General For posts related to the Honda ST1300.

Old September 15th, 2012   #1
chaissos
Donators

Default What did you do with your ST today?

I went for a tiny 277 mile ride through some pretty nice twisties, with a couple gents, one of whom I work with (same squadron, anyway). Suzi 1300 Hyabusa, an older Concourse 1000, and me. We left the Suzi as sweeper so he didn't leave us somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0227.jpg (52.2 KB, 1495 views)
Old September 15th, 2012   #2
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 107 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What did you do with your ST today?

At least you got to go riding. I hope you have found some decent local riding buddies. I rode mine the whole 9 miles to work.

The title of this thread is interesting to me. There is a thread just like this one on the FJR forum (insert FJR in place of ST in the title) which allows members to post little things that do not warrant a separate thread. Things like you posted, I washed it, replaced brake pads, etc. I had considered posting one myself, but once again you have come up with something useful before me. GRRR!

Old September 15th, 2012   #3
dduelin
Loquacious Member

I left the ST in the garage and took the NC for a 225 mile ride. I had to be home early, noon kick off FSU game.

Honda NC700X/D
Honda ST1300
Honda CH 80
IBA 33208
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012   #4
mimikeni

Rode around town and showed it to a friend. Then he showed me his new 1400 pound safe. He lives in a sketchy neighborhood. He had to reinforce the floor under the safe with steel bars between the floor joists.
Old September 15th, 2012   #5
Luiggi ST
Donators

Lit a candle so Seņor Mechanic find wisdom when repairing my baby.
Old September 16th, 2012   #6
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 123 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

I just looked at mine for a short while this morning - it hasn't turned a wheel since I came back from Austria and Italy in June. It's warm and dry and on a battery tender.
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012   #7
Lanny

332 mile ride Through Hot Springs NC and NC Mountains. A beautiful Day..
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012   #8
chaissos
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
The title of this thread is interesting to me. There is a thread just like this one on the FJR forum (insert FJR in place of ST in the title) which allows members to post little things that do not warrant a separate thread. Things like you posted, I washed it, replaced brake pads, etc. I had considered posting one myself, but once again you have come up with something useful before me. GRRR!

.....and inspired by the very same type of thread. There's also one over on STOners...

ANYWHO....Today I finally installed the Heli Gen 3.2 risers (that's what's stamped on them, I didn't make it up). Arrived last Tuesday, sometime while I was at work. In violation of the installation instructions, the left electrics DID NOT reach - well, they sorta did, but wouldn't go through the protective harness mounts. So I pulled off the left tupperware (and everything THAT little adventure entails) to re-route slightly, and relocate the tie-wrap plastic. Nice and comfy movement now.

I seem to sit up a lot better. Hopefully it'll feel as nice on the road. I was worried, once I'd gotten to the point of checking the wiring, that I might have to lift the tank. The last thing I did was fill it after my ride yesterday, and I'm quite positive the 5 mile ride home didn't use enough to make it easy to handle. But, it's all done now. I didn't wire the Powerlet yet. Still deciding how I want that puppy to work. Probably accessory would be good, so I can leave the GPS or whatever powered up while I do whatever I need to. Still thinking....Quartet harness is probably in order, too.

Today is one of those rare, crappy days in Texas, and it's been a steady, soaking rain for the last several hours. This is not a complaint. We need rain like you wouldn't believe. Aquifer is getting a tad low. What better day to spend working on the bike?

Last edited by chaissos; September 16th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
chaissos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012   #9
Mick
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
.....and inspired by the very same type of thread. There's also one over on STOners...
My Bandit forum (Maximum-Suzuki) also has the same thread... just insert Bandit for ST.

Quote:
ANYWHO....Today I finally installed the Heli Gen 3.2 risers (that's what's stamped on them, I didn't make it up).
I've got a set of the MCL gen 3 risers sitting on my workbench ready to install. Unfortunately they are way down on the priority list as I just recently discovered that I have the dreaded ST rear brake drag.

I recently purchased the ST and the PO had the dealer do a "fluids" change and general tune up just before I picked it up. Apparenlty said dealer is as clueless about bleeding the ST's linked brake system as most are. Going to tackle this problem in a few weeks from now. Too much other stuff going on. Meanwhile, there's my good ol' reliable Bandit to ride when I get the urge.

Quote:
I seem to sit up a lot better. Hopefully it'll feel as nice on the road.
I'm hoping for the same thing. I willing to try anything that will take stress off of my crappy, mauled up shoulders.

Quote:
Today is one of those rare, crappy days in Texas, and it's been a steady, soaking rain for the last several hours. This is not a complaint. We need rain like you wouldn't believe. Aquifer is getting a tad low. What better day to spend working on the bike?
Glad to hear you guys are getting some relief. Here in Houston we are FINALLY out of the drought. I see by the Sept 11th drought monitor map that you guys still have a way to go:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

So, back on topic. What did I do to my ST? Put in some STABIL, started her up and let her run for about 10 minutes and put her back to bed to await mechanical surgery in a few weeks.

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012   #10
Mick
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiggi ST View Post
Lit a candle so Seņor Mechanic find wisdom when repairing my baby.
What's the problem?

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote