ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Riding & Touring > Motorcycle Roads, Routes & Rides > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Want to tell everyone about your latest trip? Post it here.

Old December 27th, 2014   #31
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 148 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Redfish and Pop ride Kentucky

Looking forward to more tales.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2014   #32
AlleyBrewer

Fantastic story and story telling. I think you should be really proud that you made this special time together happen.
AlleyBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015   #33
Iamike
Loquacious Member

Red,
Thanks for the RR, these father/son rides are memorable. My son & I took one to Arkansas over Labor Day. I didn't do a write-up since it was a sport bike ride and I took the VFR. That may have been the last long ride I do on that bike.
Old January 2nd, 2015   #34
bigsilverst

Thanks so much for the excellent narration! I followed on the map as I was reading. I need to take more pictures and notes of my trips!
bigsilverst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015   #35
Doons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
When we finally got there we found out we were 30 minutes too late for the last distillery tour of the day. I was terribly disappointed. I almost decided to get a room close and come back in the morning. The nice lady at the counter told me that tomorrow's tour would not be as good because, "That man over there won't be here tomorrow and he is the best part of the tour."

I already knew who "That Man" was without asking. His name is on every bottle of Wild Turkey and has been for about as long as I have been alive. Mr. Jimmy Russell. The Master Distiller.

So, I walked over and introduced myself. For the next 20 or so minutes I had the honor of speaking to Mr. Russell. He has been working for Wild Turkey for 60 years. 60 Years!!! working for the same company. When I commented that I could not imagine being with the same wife for 60 years much less at the same job, Mr. Russell laughed and said, "60 years with the same company, but I have been married for 61 years!" I found that as impressive as anything else he had done.
Must be 6 years ago as Jimmy had been there only 54 years when I met him. A more gracious and entertaining guy would be hard to find. We spent a good 40 minutes on the front porch talking. He wouldn't let me leave until he got on the net and checked the weather for me. The distillery is nothing special but time spent talking to Jimmy is worth the trip. Thanks for bringing back a great memory. I fully support your choice in refreshment... I like me some crazy chicken 101 from time to time also.

2005 ST1300A
IBA 28224 (SS1K, ROT1000) - STOC 8752
MSF Rider Coach

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"

Doons is offline   Reply With Quote