ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Riding & Touring > Riding Gear, Equipment & Services > Bikes

Bikes Do you have other bikes you like? Put your reviews of them here.

Old May 7th, 2010   #11
Paul

Default Re: F1 codes

Excellent.
I like this stuff for protecting single or multi wire harnesses.
http://www.techflex.com/prod_PTN.asp
Whitehorse gear carries also.

Paul
Old May 8th, 2010   #12
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 148 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

This may be the same product, from Del City

http://www.delcity.net/store/Expanda...ving/p_278.a_1

http://www.st1300.us.com/newreply.ph...quote=1&p=7812

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011   #13
MICKEY

Hello
Guys

I am facing the following situation:

I do have a ST 1300 2003 with 45 k.
When I am riding at high speeds, right after 73 miles an hour I feel just for one second losing little power and the FI light comes on and still on all the way to my destination.There is not changes on speeds even with the FI light on the bike rides normal. Sometimes ,I pull over stop the bike and turn off the engine immediately and re-start the bike and the FI light goes of by once again when a passe the 72 miles mark the light come on again. If I keep riding up to 69/70 miles I do not have the FI light problem.

Anyone has experienced a situation like that? any tips?

I already put some Lucas fuel injector cleaner but the problem still.

Thanks for any help
mickeycargo@yahoo.com
MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012   #14
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 122 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

My FI light has started to come on when I lift the speed up to something like 50 to 60mph+. Pottering around town it does not come on. Once it IS on, by following the method of coming to a halt, selecting neutral and putting the sidestand down, the FI light produces 2 long blinks and 6 short blinks. I believe that each long blink is worth 10, each short blink is worth 1.

Thus the code indicated is (2 x 10) + (6 x1) = 26.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that this indicates a fault on the right side knock sensor?

Is there any wisdom out there that could help me?
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012   #15
Blue Bayou

You are correct, Dick! Right knock sensor.

The key to why it doesn't blink while putting around town is the fact that you never get the engine above 3900 rpm. Once above 3900 rpm, for longer than 10 seconds, the F1 indicator will fire. If you feel handy, disconnect the Right side Knock Sensor, and the ECM 26P connector. Check continuity between the Knock Sensor and Ground. If you have continuity, the wire is shorted out. If you look at this thread above, you'll see what I had to do to fix this issue. The ground wire encases the Knock Sensor wire, and has a tendancy to wear thru the insulation on the Knock Sensor wire. I simply ran a new ground wire, and taped up the ends that encase the Knock Sensor wire.

I repaired my left side, and I haven't had another issue since.... 2 1/2 years later.

Last edited by Blue Bayou; September 21st, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012   #16
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 122 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

Excellent. Thank you.
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012   #17
maura
Super Moderator

My F1 light has come on in sympathy, Dick!

At the honda-spa it was diagnosed as an electrical fault. There is damage to my wiring harness the result of a serious overheating problem I had in Mexico.
I have no actually seen it, but they ran a new wire for this function and all is good, no more F1 light. They have told me that I ought to replace the entire wiring harness ($600) labour =/- 6 hours.

My questions, ST wizards-
How hard is it to do this, could I do it myself? I have done all the electrical modifications/farkling of my bike, but I have not worked on it other wise. I have garage space for the winter.
Anyone else have electrical problems due to overheating and melting wires?
The overheating was corrected with a replacement of the thermostat.

thanks in advance....

oh , and the bike has 220,000 km. Not keen on spending lotsa money on it at this point.
maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012   #18
chaissos
Donators

I'll say a couple things, and maybe get berated, maybe not. My certifications all come from the world of cars, so my experience is a bit different. I'm confident I could do it myself, and if you've got gumption to pull all your plastic, tank, and maybe subtank, I think you'd be able to get at all the wiring points.

I'm not sure about the ST (yet), but I don't imagine the bike has a single harness, but more likely a main around the motor, and then sub harnesses for the ends (lights, cluster, brakes, etc). I also doubt they all need to be replaced. This could both simplify and bring down that cost significantly.

Oh, and 220000K is equiv to 136400 miles, and with these puppies popping 2 and 300,000 on what seems like a pretty regular basis, I'd hit FleaBay for the harness you need, and spend some loving time in the garage.

That's just my opinion, of course, so now my fellow mechanics far more familiar with this than me can agree, berate, correct, or dismiss as appropriate.

Luv ya, guys!
Old September 26th, 2012   #19
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 148 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
My F1 light has come on in sympathy, Dick!

At the honda-spa it was diagnosed as an electrical fault. There is damage to my wiring harness the result of a serious overheating problem I had in Mexico.
I have no actually seen it, but they ran a new wire for this function and all is good, no more F1 light. They have told me that I ought to replace the entire wiring harness ($600) labour =/- 6 hours.

My questions, ST wizards-
How hard is it to do this, could I do it myself? I have done all the electrical modifications/farkling of my bike, but I have not worked on it other wise. I have garage space for the winter.
Anyone else have electrical problems due to overheating and melting wires?
The overheating was corrected with a replacement of the thermostat.

thanks in advance....

oh , and the bike has 220,000 km. Not keen on spending lotsa money on it at this point.
Maura is back--Happy to hear from you, again.
If you can tear it all down and look at the wiring you may be able to spot the bad wiring and replace it-look for melted insulation on the wiring.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012   #20
Fido

I had new tires put on today at the dealer. Michelin Pilot Road 3's and man are they sweet! Anyway. I took a little 90 mile trip and did some high speed cruising and my FI light came on and stayed on til I stopped and ate. Then I rode back still at a fast pace and no FI light. How do I check the memory again? The stealership said they had to "move" the exhaust a little to get the axle out but did not disconnect the mufflers. Could a leaky exhaust cause an FI light?
Fido is offline   Reply With Quote