ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1100 Forums > General

General For posts related to the Honda ST1100.

Old May 14th, 2013   #21
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Default Re: Rider mag ST comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
We go through this every year and it got particularly bad the first year we went without a ST. We continually hear about the "inside" information that some friends brother that knows the wife of a second cousin who lives next to the janitor that sweeps the garage at the Gardena HQ of American Honda was told. None of them are ever correct, EVER.
Honda has a long history of doing as they see fit and ignoring rumor, innuendo, half truths, and outright lies.
With the exception of the PR screw-up forcing a early release of information about the 1800 Wing I do not recall a single instance where anyone knew anything before the public display at the dealer launch.

So now we are going to question the reliability of information from a magazine and the actual distributor of the product, that should be fun. It is actually a little late to start the speculation on the configuration of the next best thing it being the start of riding season and all but I guess you do need some distraction when not actually riding.

So here we are ver. 11.1a of ST Dream Configuration.

Get after it.

Paul
Well we know the Gardena HQ rumors are false because American Honda is based in Torrance, CA

Magazine writers often know several weeks, months in some cases, ahead of an official release if the manufacturer wishes to time "first ride" reviews with their official press release. The manufacturer requires the informed press to embargo the information until notified that release is OK. The press takes these embargos seriously as to break one means probable exclusion from future events.

I know MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) had some early looks at the ST1300 before it's announcement and then photos of the bike appeared on the web (while we were still under embargo). I was amused by the assertions that the photos were fakes on various forums whilst biting my tongue!
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

The original ST1100 LiST is at www.st-riders.net
Wjbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013   #22
PaulRB
ST Guru

Rep Power: 84 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rider mag ST comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjbertrand View Post
Well we know the Gardena HQ rumors are false because American Honda is based in Torrance, CA
All part of the conspiracy to confuse.

Paul