ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tools

Tools Did you just find the coolest tool that made a maintenance task a breeze? Tell us about it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6th, 2011   #1
Wjbertrand
ST guru

Default Tool Tip

Those of us with ST1300s know that for some unfathomable reason, Honda did not include wrenches of any kind for removing the wheels in the factory tool kit. On later model 13s they didn't include a kit at all. When touring I've taken to carrying both a 22 and 27mm 1/2" drive sockets and a 1/2" breaker bar. As this is a lot of weight and not very compact, I don't routinely carry them for local riding. This caught me out at work last year when my Dumbflop Roaddumb front tire self destructed. I had to borrow a big crescent wrench from the maintenance group to remove the front wheel.

Recently I discovered Cruz Tools has a flat compact and well made combination axle wrench with 22mm on one end and 27mm at the other. Perfect for the ST1300. It might work for some ST1100s but there were a couple of different front axle sizes over the years and the 11s came with axle nut tools anyway. Cost me about $15 and is very compact. It's not real long so It'll take a pretty good grunt to loosen I rear axle nut I suspect, but with a hammer or standing on it it'll do the job I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aw.jpg (36.0 KB, 186 views)
2005 ST1300A
2015 ST1200

The original ST1100 LiST is at www.st-riders.net
Wjbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote