ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Riding & Touring > Riding Gear, Equipment & Services > Riding Pants

Riding Pants Do you wear pants when you ride? Which ones and why?

Old October 2nd, 2008   #1
Deano
Donators

Default TourMaster Venture Air Pants, poor QC

Message 1 of 4 in Discussion From: sam (Original Message)Sent: 9/13/2008 7:53 AMBeware of Cortech Venture Air mesh pants. I bought a pair and within a week the belt loops tore out. New Enough.com replaced them at no cost to me and the new pair, straight out of the box had a torn belt loop. Clearly TourMaster/ Cortech quality is not what it used to be. See photo here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/FLAHSTA/CortechPants#

Sam, no longer a Tour Master fan :-(

Message 2 of 4 in Discussion From: burt8810Sent: 9/14/2008 5:32 AMI have never purchased anything from newenough but aren't they a discount closeout type of operation? Maybe they got them for a good price but there was a reson for it. Maybe it's the vendor and not the manufacturer? As I said I have no experience with newenough, just a thought.
Herb '03ST

Message 3 of 4 in Discussion From: samSent: 9/15/2008 2:37 AMHerb, could be but I've always had good luck with them before.
Sam
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion From: Elkman571Sent: 9/15/2008 8:55 AMNewenough has incredible deals sometimes, but I think you DO have to be a little careful. I bought an hjc ac-12, which sells anywhere from 250-425 at dealers , for 80. This helmet has 3 "HJC" decals on it, but one of hte three -- the one on the forehead -- was not under the clearcoat. So I just peeled it off and in fact I like the helmet better with less advertising. Otherwise the helmet is perfect. My wife and I have each bought jackets there at ridiculously low prices, and they were absolutely perfect. And customer service at newenough for me has always been great.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote