ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself here, please.

Old August 2nd, 2014   #1
ibike2havefun

Default New member in Maryland

Hi all-

A quick note to say hi to all you others out there in ST-Land. Just got a one-owner 2004 about three weeks ago, and so far I'm thrilled. It's my first bike (go big or go home) and the first I've ridden since wiping out my Dad's Yamaha 500 back in 1980.

Still working up to the point where my skills will let me go for long highway rides, and two-up with my sweetie. Don't really expect to reach that latter milestone until next season, but that's probably okay.

I have thousands of two-up miles logged on pedal-powered tandem bicycles, which I expect will serve me in good stead, but things seem to happen a lot faster with 115 ponies in your hand so I'll be taking a conservative approach.

Ennyhoo- like I said just checking in and saying hi to all.

-= Keith Adams =-
Rockville, MD, USA
ibike2havefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014   #2
PaulRB
The Grouch

Rep Power: 94 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New member in Maryland

Welcome.
We want crabs, lots of crabs.
I have a Aunt in Maryland, she feeds us crabs.

Paul
PaulRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014   #3
chaissos
Donators

Welcome, Keith. I'm one of those rare ones that actually doesn't care too much for the flavoring they stuff on all the crabs up there. I also prefer lobster just boiled and stuck on a plate.

Enjoy the ride. Have a good surf around here for answers to the many questions you're bound to have.
Old August 2nd, 2014   #4
ibike2havefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
Welcome.
We want crabs, lots of crabs.
I have a Aunt in Maryland, she feeds us crabs.

Paul
You can have all of my share any time you are in the state. I am a Beef, Chicken, and Pork man myself. My philosophy: "If it didn't moo, cluck, oink, or gobble, it ISN'T FOOD."

If you do find yourself out this way with your two-wheeler drop me a line and we'll go find you some sea(not)food.

-= KTA =--
Old August 2nd, 2014   #5
ibike2havefun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Welcome, Keith. I'm one of those rare ones that actually doesn't care too much for the flavoring they stuff on all the crabs up there. I also prefer lobster just boiled and stuck on a plate.

Enjoy the ride. Have a good surf around here for answers to the many questions you're bound to have.
Be careful the way you talk about crabs and lobster or they'll take away your license to be a Texican. All Beef, All The Time is what I understood.

(I probably should have mentioned in my first post and my profile that I'm a compulsive wise-ass-- pay it no heed and know it's not personal.)

You're right about this being a great source for information and informed opinion (or sometimes uninformed, as I have seen on many other similar forums). I've already gotten info on windshields, trailers (the kind the bike tows, not the kind that haul the bike), and the holy war between Car Tires On Bikes Are Good and Car Tires On Bikes Are Evil. I certainly know which camp I'm in but that's not anything to inflict on the board at this point.

I actually stumbled across this forum while searching for info about windshields. Mine is pretty badly crazed, and last weekend's experiment with a plastic scratch removing compound didn't improve matters any. So, probably come next spring I'll shell out for a new 'screen. By then I might even have an opinion as to whether I like the stock model or want to try something else.

Thanks again for the welcome-

-= KTA =-

Last edited by ibike2havefun; August 3rd, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2014   #6
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 114 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

Welcome. Congratulations on purchasing the fastest color ST. The SuperFastBallisticBlueBomb is by far the fastest of the STs.

Don't worry about Chaissos losing his Texas citizenship. He ain't from there anyways... Also, Texas does have a coast line. A really long coast line and the Gulf of Mexico also is a great source for crabs and other swimming goodies.
Old August 2nd, 2014   #7
maura
Super Moderator

The best deal on a new screen often comes from ST owners (such as myself) who have pristine OEM screens sitting around after they replaced them with aftermarket screens.
I currently use a V-stream, for me (my height, riding style etc) works much better. Just sayin' you might not want to go for a honda OEM replacement at list price
unfortunately, I am in Canada and shipping my screen would be too difficult and not cost effective.

2008 Honda ST1300
2012 Honda ST1300 BambiBroke
2006 Honda ST1300 sold
maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014   #8
chaissos
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibike2havefun View Post
<snip>
(I probably should have mentioned in my first post and my profile that I'm a compulsive wise-ass-- pay it no heed and know it's not personal.)
<snip>
Not worried at all...poke away - you and Red should get along perfectly. Bring some comic relief to some of the discussions, too.
Old August 3rd, 2014   #9
chaissos
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
The best deal on a new screen often comes from ST owners (such as myself) who have pristine OEM screens sitting around after they replaced them with aftermarket screens.
I currently use a V-stream, for me (my height, riding style etc) works much better. Just sayin' you might not want to go for a honda OEM replacement at list price
unfortunately, I am in Canada and shipping my screen would be too difficult and not cost effective.
Wrong thread, perhaps? Too much tonight?
Old August 3rd, 2014   #10
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 114 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Wrong thread, perhaps? Too much tonight?
Perhaps, but not on her part my friend. Re-read post #5. He got here while searching for info on new windshields.

I am still running the OEM screen on my ST and have never had a reason to change. On the other hand we are on the fourth different screen on Dad's FJR so I can vouch for the value of experimentation. Since for me the ST OEM screen is better than anything we did yet to the FJR I am not looking to change. If I did I would be looking hard at something from Cee Bailey or Clearview.