ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Other

Other The catch-all location for all the other "farkles" that you've added.

Old July 14th, 2016   #1
SinNH
Donators

Default Shoei RF v Quest

For those of you that have had both, I had/have owned an RF 700, 900, and the 1100 which I am really not fond of, too noisy.
Read that the Quest is a quieter hat, sort of built for sport touring.

Steve

"The right to keep and bear arms is the one right that allows rights to exist at all."
SinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016   #2
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Default Re: Shoei RF v Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinNH View Post
For those of you that have had both, I had/have owned an RF 700, 900, and the 1100 which I am really not fond of, too noisy.
Read that the Quest is a quieter hat, sort of built for sport touring.

Steve
So you had 3 Shoei's and haven't liked them, mmmm. Were they cheap? I cant say much having owned neither but I have had a Schuberth and it was superb, I bought a Shoei GT Air last year and while I'm very happy with it I don't think it is as good, build quality or quiet as the Schuberth.
Old July 15th, 2016   #3
SinNH
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2m View Post
So you had 3 Shoei's and haven't liked them, mmmm. Were they cheap? I cant say much having owned neither but I have had a Schuberth and it was superb, I bought a Shoei GT Air last year and while I'm very happy with it I don't think it is as good, build quality or quiet as the Schuberth.
Rob, I liked the 700 and 900 a bunch for sure, the 1100 not anywhere near as much. It is ok, but feels, sounds, looks quite a bit different than the 7/900.
The big thing, it's not as quiet.
I'm going to go try on a Quest.

Thanks,
S

"The right to keep and bear arms is the one right that allows rights to exist at all."
SinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016   #4
St Sudbury

I do have an RF1000 bought a few years ago and upgraded to the Quest. The Quest is more quiet and I prefer the Quest. For the noise, the RF is noisier especially when the top vents are open.
As for the top vent on the Quest, my personal opinnion is that they are poorly made, that is my complaint about this helmet. In Northern Ontario, we have a lot of bugs, and it quickly picks up those nasty critters. Cleaning the top vent is pain as it makes it difficult to access the openning and closing because of the bugs. I did have to replace the top vent mechanism on warranty. Just my two cents.

Overall, the shield seals very good, and if wearing plugs, the ears are comfortable. For my head shape, this Quest is better than my outdated RF
St Sudbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016   #5
echo
The sky is falling...

Hey St Sudbury

I was riding thru Sudbury in 2000 and stopped to buy gas on the east side of town. When I left the gas station I came to a T and turned left, but before I did I was in front a rock cliff maybe 50 feet high. The rock was all distorted looking. Like something fractured it. I thought to stop and get a piece of it, but there was no place to park.

A few years later in Wikipedia I remembered the distorted rock cliff and searched for Sudbury Event.

Turns out 2 billion years ago a meteor hit what is today the Sudbury area! It was biggger than the one that got the dinosaurs. Thats what fractured the rock! Sudbury is (or was) known for a giant nickle deposit which has all been mined by now.

Have you ever seen the fractured rock there?

Thanks!

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016   #6
St Sudbury

Good morning Echo

Have driven around Sudbury for many years and as long as we are concerned, it is rock and more rock and we take it for granted. Tons of history around the Sudbury area including the biggest nickel coin in the world.

http://www.sciencenorth.ca/dynamic-e...-sudbury_e.pdf

We hope to have more tourism interested in our mining community, send me an email next time in the area and we can connect for coffee or lunch.

Enjoy your riding summer.

Yvon
St Sudbury
St Sudbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016   #7
Canyon

Hey Steve!
I bought my RF-1200 Beacon about 3 years ago and love it. Lightest, quietest helmet I've ever owned. Qwest is less $$ but I wanted nice and light. The RF-1200 really is a different helmet than the 1100. Check out the Comparison on Revzilla. https://youtu.be/cyFO25x3bLE
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016   #8
echo
The sky is falling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Sudbury View Post
Good morning Echo

Have driven around Sudbury for many years and as long as we are concerned, it is rock and more rock and we take it for granted. Tons of history around the Sudbury area including the biggest nickel coin in the world.

We hope to have more tourism interested in our mining community, send me an email next time in the area and we can connect for coffee or lunch.

Yvon
St Sudbury

If I come back to get one of those rocks for my collection I ll take you up on it!

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016   #9
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 152 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Sudbury View Post
Good morning Echo

Yvon
St Sudbury
we take it for granted. Wouldn't that be, taking it for Granite?

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016   #10
drbuzzard

I'm happy with my shoei quest but was wearing an hjc ff helmet before the shoei purchase
St. Sudbury, I completed the lake huron IBA ride sunday morning which took me through your city and north bay on the northern end of the run
STOC 8900
IBA 58509
mile eater
HAT
drbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote