ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Lighting

Lighting Have you added High Intensity Display lights to your ST? Post a description and pictures here.

Old July 19th, 2015   #11
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 153 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Admore Light Bar

If you have to remove the lens on the Admore, to install it, don't forget to re-seal it.
They used a silicone sealer.
My buddy has one that I put together and it leaked in a Texas rain storm.
He waited until he got to D.C., to fix it.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015   #12
Georgia dawg

Superbright LED's also has some nice products at very reasonable prices. I've installed one of their red strobes below the tag bracket on my ST. They are extremely bright and can be programmed with about 25 different patterns. Only about $30 and I think it does a lot to get the attention of cagers approaching from behind.
Georgia dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2015   #13
PFD023

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Where can you buy one...Try here.

(nuttin like a wise-ass, eh?)
best reply ever!!!
PFD023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015   #14
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 153 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

My buddy's Admore only has brake lights that work, now.
The turn and tail lights are pretty much kaput.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
Old September 25th, 2015   #15
jares1234

could be a disconect with the amber turn signal wires...you do have to install them all one by one by taping in.

I've had mine for over a year, drove to sturgis over the summer, drove into gravel, couple contruction zones dirt roads, and through about 15 rain storms. I haven't touched mine since i installed it and she's still as bright and sharp as the day i installed her.

Who knows

Last edited by jares1234; September 25th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.
jares1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2015   #16
ligito
Donators

I finally got to work on my friends Admore.
Corrosion inside and nothing on it works.
I'll replace it with a red LED, with amber LED's on each side, for turn signals.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul

Last edited by ligito; September 25th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old September 29th, 2015   #17
Catmandu2

I have one of these admore light bars on my CB1000c for month now,,, and am very happy with it. I had improved my forward visibility to oncoming traffic hugely,, with headlight modulation and hi-viz clothing. Then I wanted to try something for the jerks who follow within one or two car lengths. The CB's '80's era rear lighting is pretty weak, and this admore bar really improved it without taxing the alternator. I will eventually transfer it to the ST, exactly as jares1234 has done. I was considering putting a "back off button" on the handlebar, which would flash the modulated admore turn signals together. Tapping the brakes often gets a negative reaction from cagers,,, and I wonder if flashing amber would be more effective. Alan
Catmandu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015   #18
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmandu2 View Post
Then I wanted to try something for the jerks who follow within one or two car lengths. The CB's '80's era rear lighting is pretty weak . . . Alan
On my ST ,the forward visibillity to oncoming trafic was easyly obtained by using Philips Motovision in the headlight http://www.cyclegear.com/PHILIPS-MotoVision-Light-Bulb http://www.st1300.us.com/album.php?a...pictureid=1117

As for the cagers following to closely and the fact that under sunshine and some other condition ,the St red ligth thend to disapear to the view of other road user ,a Whelen LIN3 installed where the red deflector use to be , took care of those two problems. To get more rear visibillity when not braking ,I had an electronic tecknician built a device that turn ON both unused rear parking filaments in both rear flashers bulb .The two parking filaments goes OFF as soon one directional signal or fourway is used . They come back ON automaticly as soon no more flasher are used .
http://www.whelen.com/auto/product?h...74&prod_id=145 http://www.st1300.us.com/album.php?a...pictureid=1127

Daniel

Last edited by LEINADEUGAL; September 29th, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015   #19
chaissos
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
To get more rear visibillity when not braking ,I had an electronic tecknician built a device that turn ON both unused rear parking filaments in both rear flashers bulb .The two parking filaments goes OFF as soon one directional signal or fourway is used . They come back ON automaticly as soon no more flasher are used.

Daniel
That's cool and all, and I was going to do the same (simply wire the front lights to the back), but it's a sick bird (illegal) here where I live. You can't have amber lights facing rearward.
Old September 30th, 2015   #20
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
That's cool and all, and I was going to do the same (simply wire the front lights to the back), but it's a sick bird (illegal) here where I live. You can't have amber lights facing rearward.
This is excactly why I did not used the option (simply wire the front lights to the back) . . . all I have to do is just pull off one fuse under my seat and every thing goes back to the original set up behavior .If ever get stopped for those nasty amber lights in the back by a , I will dig under the seat pretending on a short circuit of some sort and simply pull the fuse . . . et voila !

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote