ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > General

General For posts related to the Honda ST1300.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #21
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Default Re: Did you know that I was gone?

I'll try to get the backup that I took the other day uploaded to that location you mentioned after I get home tonight from work.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
I have it, and have responded.

Now, for the questions: I don't need any equipment. I have plenty of that.

Joe's downloaded a backup of the database, and I have a site waiting for him to upload it to - it won't remain up after the upload - and then I'll go about importing the database and see how it goes.

At the moment, I don't have any plans to accept donations. DNS registration is fairly cheap, so I'm not too worried about it. The hardware I already own, so that's not a big deal. I plan to test in the current configuration, and I'll be asking everyone to stress test it at some point (I want as many people as possible to hit it and just keep going through pages). I'll have logging going on and system monitoring during the test. I don't expect to see any issues. The hardware won't be the problem - the Internet connection might be.

Thank you to those that might consider donating, but hang onto your $$ (or whatever your denomination is) for now. I want to make sure this is all going to pan out like I think it is before we get too far into it. Then I'll redirect the DNS name, and we'll be live.

I need to move the equipment from this home-made wooden piece of crap rack into the actual server rack I have waiting. I was hoping to get my UPSs installed, but they're not here yet.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #22
chaissos
Donators

No worries. It's password protected, and you can take whatever time you need.

The first step is to figure out how to get it all transferred and imported. Once it's all running, and acceptable, we can do one final update. I'm not sure how well this import will work, nor what the site will look like. I'd like to figure that all out before we go live.

Then, when we're at that point, we put yours in maintenance mode (so people at least get a page), do the final database transfer, redirect the DNS record, and we're live. This will take some coordination between you and I. I expect it will only take a couple hours, though.

I hope.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #23
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Sorry, granddaughter was dropped off last night for a visit this week so, I didn't get to this yet. I'll try for this weekend.

Joe

Quote:

The first step is to figure out how to get it all transferred and imported. Once it's all running, and acceptable, we can do one final update. I'm not sure how well this import will work, nor what the site will look like. I'd like to figure that all out before we go live.

Then, when we're at that point, we put yours in maintenance mode (so people at least get a page), do the final database transfer, redirect the DNS record, and we're live. This will take some coordination between you and I. I expect it will only take a couple hours, though.

I hope.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Hi Scott,

I got the backup uploaded to the location you specified.

Please send me your email alias so that I can give you the password for the main account in db.

Joe

Quote:

I hope.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #25
mariowink

On a little sidenote: Joe did not buy my old ST1300A as it was I that bought Joes' old ST1300. Joe bought a different (Red) ST1300 from our friend Tim. It looks to be a great bike and hope Joe will visit me to "Run The Wynoochee."
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #26
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

I hope to soon. Gotta couple things I need to fix on it first, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowink View Post
On a little sidenote: Joe did not buy my old ST1300A as it was I that bought Joes' old ST1300. Joe bought a different (Red) ST1300 from our friend Tim. It looks to be a great bike and hope Joe will visit me to "Run The Wynoochee."
STOC# 929, IBA# 218