ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Other > Classified Advertisements > For Sale

Old July 3rd, 2014   #1
Blue One

Default Shoei Neotec

Shoei Neotec

New, barely used Shoei Neotec helmet Size Medium Helmet is very nice, has not been dropped. Color is silver

I wore it on 2 very short rides.

A bargain at $450, includes shipping to you.

I'll send it to you complete with the helmet bag and also the pin lock (not installed yet) visor etc. Everything just like new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (3).jpg (69.0 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (3).jpg (65.6 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (3).jpg (59.9 KB, 166 views)
Old July 3rd, 2014   #2
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 113 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Shoei Neotec

I have that exact same helmet, same size, same color. I love it. I have been trying to talk Pop into buying one like that as well.

May I ask why you are selling it?
Old July 4th, 2014   #3
Blue One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
I have that exact same helmet, same size, same color. I love it. I have been trying to talk Pop into buying one like that as well.

May I ask why you are selling it?
Decided that it isn't for me. I don't like the extra size and weight over my RF1000 and for me the modular helmets are too noisy.

My RF1000 fits better and feels better to me. Especially since my ordeal last year with the brain surgery to fix an aneurism type problem....

It is a nice helmet, I do like the internal visor though.
Old July 4th, 2014   #4
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 113 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

In the interest of helping a friend make a sale...

That Neotec is lighter than the HJC full face (non-modular) with the sun shield that I rode with in the early days of ST ownership. The Neotec is far lighter than the Nolan N103 modular that I will be putting on in just a couple of minutes.

While the Nolan is a really good helmet, that Shoei is FANTASTIC. There really is no comparison to my older, cheaper helmets. And I can tell you that Nolan is not exactly cheap.
Old July 4th, 2014   #5
rikSTr
Forum Supporter

If this "for sale" was an XL it would have been sold on day 1. That is a really good price for what I think is a really good helmet. I can't speak for the noise level(my local dealership continues to refuse to allow me to test ride one) but the fit for my type of head(long oval) is superb. I find very few modular helmets on the market that fit me just right and of course the one that does retails over $700! I prefer the modular type although I know modular helmets are on average more noisy and "not quite as safe" as full face helmets, but the convenience factor is worth a little more noise and on average still a bit safer than a full time open face helmet.
Old July 5th, 2014   #6
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 128 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikSTr View Post
If this "for sale" was an XL it would have been sold on day 1. That is a really good price for what I think is a really good helmet. I can't speak for the noise level(my local dealership continues to refuse to allow me to test ride one) but the fit for my type of head(long oval) is superb. I find very few modular helmets on the market that fit me just right and of course the one that does retails over $700! I prefer the modular type although I know modular helmets are on average more noisy and "not quite as safe" as full face helmets, but the convenience factor is worth a little more noise and on average still a bit safer than a full time open face helmet.
I think Shoei might disagree with you about the 'not quite as safe' phrase. With the helmet locked down, it passes the same tests as a conventional full face helmet does. It is NOT certified as an open face 'jet' helmet and, strictly speaking, should not be ridden in that configuration (though we all do, I suspect). As for noise, I always ride with good quality earplugs in so noise from any source is simply not an issue and I personally can't say that my Neotec is any louder or quieter than my full face helmet. You really do not want to suffer from tinnitus as a result of sustained exposure to loud background noise so earplugs really are essential. IMHO of course.
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014   #7
Blue One

I wear custom molded ear plugs all the time.
I prefer to have my face shield cracked open slightly for a bit of airflow on my face.

My RF1000 has a setting that allows for about a 1/4' of shield opening, I was disappointed to find that the Neotec does not.

The RF1000 weighs in at 3 lbs. 6.10 oz. (1534 grams)
The Neotec weighs 3 lbs. 13.20 oz. (1736 grams)

I found that having the drop down sun visor inside has compromised the airflow in the Neotec.

Because of the location of the sun visor they had to move the air intake up to the top of the helmet.

The RF1000 flows air nicely, the Neotec less so.

I wear prescription glasses and found that even with the modular design that I had to take the glasses off to put on or remove my helmet.

Putting on my RF1000 involves the same and the glasses are easy enough to get into place.

The Neotec is physically a larger helmet and with the extra size and weight I found I prefer the more compact fit and size of my RF1000.

Now all this is me personally, however if you like the Neotec, BUY this one, it's a good deal

By the way the Neotec DOES NOT pass the same tests as a full faced non modular helmet. The non modular Shoeis are Snell rated, the Neotec is not.

Last edited by Blue One; July 5th, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
Blue One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014   #8
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 155 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

I had 3 Shoie's, because they fit me.
The last one was a Duotec.
It was much quieter than the Schuberth Concept.
Now, I'm using HJC Symax and Seven 0 Seven, all modular.
I'd like to try a Shoie Neotec but just can't see $700 for a helmet that I can rarely
wear, due to my medical issues.

I wear a size Small.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014   #9
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 128 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

Quote from Shoei North America: Is there any difference between a helmet for the North American market and one made for Europe or Asia?
Yes, Shoei produces completely different helmets for different markets around the world. Not only are the physical shape and fit of the helmets different for the various markets, but homologation standards vary as well. Since the homologation standards vary by country, a helmet produced for one market may not be legal for use in another. Shoei recommends that our customers purchase helmets only from authorized Shoei dealers within their own country to ensure homologation compliance.

The name is the same but we are not actually comparing like for like. It seems a little strange to me that the Neotec does not have a Snell rating yet the open face Platinum does. If I have to hit the ground, I'd rather do it in a Neotec with the front locked down than the Platinum with no front at all. The Platinum does not appear to pass our UK/Europe SHARPS test although it does pass the basic EU (European Union) standard. I appreciate that the vast majority of members here always wear helmets. Please, let's set aside the debate about freedom of choice to not wear a helmet at all.
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014   #10
chaissos
Donators

I remember reading about the testing of helmets, and that Snell just wasn't willing to test the modulars. It's not whether or not they'd pass, it's that they weren't put through the same tests. If you look on their site (http://www.smf.org/cert), you can see there are only two modulars on any list (they have many). I'm not familiar with either of them, but that means nothing. They may not be for sale in the US. I'm with Dick: I'd rather hit my head in a Neotech, than any open face helmet that IS Snell rated.

So...someone buy Blue's Shoei.