ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Lighting

Lighting Have you added High Intensity Display lights to your ST? Post a description and pictures here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 6th, 2016   #1
Freelancer

Default Conspicuity

Most lighting is meant to add 'visibility' to our bikes in addition to adding visibility to help us see.

One way to make ourselves more visible to drivers is the use of retro-reflective products. I've added LED turn signals on the mirrors, flashing red LED brake bulbs, an LED brake light on the top case, and LED turn signals to the sides of the panniers.

Even with all of that, I wanted some sort of passive visibility that didn't reply on the ignition switch.

Retro-reflective adhesive-backed tape solved the problem for me. In rolls of 1" wide or small sheets 6" wide, the tape is available in orange, school bus yellow, or lime-yellow high-viz. I chose lime-yellow because it matches the jacket. (http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic156.html)

I sliced it length-wise (at 1/2" you've got twice as much) and added it to the rear and sides (top case, panniers, and luggage rack). I've used it on red, black, and white bikes. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do justice to its visual effectiveness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CTX top case from the back.jpg (20.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Bike 7.jpg (16.3 KB, 123 views)
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote