ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs

Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs Ergonomics & Comfort

Old June 5th, 2014   #1
05rider

Default Anybody tried the Kuryakyn SwingWing pegs here? Look like they might be nice...

Was thinking about trying these. Anybody else here tried them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
05rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014   #2
PaulRB
The Grouch

Rep Power: 91 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anybody tried the Kuryakyn SwingWing pegs here? Look like they might be nice...

You will stick those in the ground getting out of your driveway.
As tall as the ST's pegs look it is not as hard as you would think to rub the feeler off the bottom.

Hunt up a set of the highway pegs that mount in/under the tip over covers if you need to put your feet up. They won't be the first thing to touch the ground even if the bike is sliding on it.

Paul
PaulRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014   #3
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Default Re: Anybody tried the Kuryakyn SwingWing pegs here? Look like they might be nice...

I totally agree with Paul.

Those would be dangerous on an ST1300.

Heck, I believe they're dangerous on any bike. Unless you do not plan to turn at all. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
You will stick those in the ground getting out of your driveway.
As tall as the ST's pegs look it is not as hard as you would think to rub the feeler off the bottom.

Hunt up a set of the highway pegs that mount in/under the tip over covers if you need to put your feet up. They won't be the first thing to touch the ground even if the bike is sliding on it.

Paul
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014   #4
DanK

I agree...those look dangerous for any bike. I'm not super aggressive, but I had my foot shifted out proud of the pegs a coupe years ago and tore the sole loose on my boot. The pegs on the ST get down toward the ground a lot easier and closer than you would think when cornering.
DanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014   #5
roginoz

If you're looking for something a bit more comfortable than the standard pegs, OEM Goldwing pegs will fit. They are a bit wider and lower than the ST pegs. You might want to lower the shifter and brake pedal a bit.
'09 KLR650
'73 CL350
roginoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014   #6
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

What is the bike, a Shadow? I actually enjoyed riding one with the pegs forward like that, It's a low rider and it gave the same cornering sensation as a proper bike at half the speed, I got quite addicted to literally grinding my way about, It was the only bike I have had that was good fun to ride round town on.
Those pegs look ridiculous though, dangerous and unpractical. IMHO.
Old June 5th, 2014   #7
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 110 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

While I appreciate the question and the picture, and I believe almost every question should be treated with respect...

Sorry, no I have not tried these. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. They look like the answer to the question, "How can I make this bike easier to crash?"
Old June 6th, 2014   #8
05rider

Sorry I forgot to mention, the pic of them is on a Shadow.

Old June 6th, 2014   #9
05rider

Thanks Roginoz... Is that a setup you use. Goldwing driver pegs?

Old June 6th, 2014   #10
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

I've thought many a time of trying the Goldwing pegs. I used to have a Goldwing and they are wider and thinner (by a small amount).

They would help straighten knees just a little bit.

And then, if you add some highway pegs for a change of pace (such as the Rackman Wings or the MCL Blades), you'd be golden.

Back when I had my ST1100, I installed some Jim Robertson made Kuryakan Highway pegs on top of the tip-over wings. It looked funky but, they worked well to allow me to totally straighten out my legs for extended periods of time. The guy who made the brackets is no longer with us but, some enterprising person could probably duplicate them for the ST1300.

The Rackman Wings and the knockoff MCL Blades look cooler but, I don't think they're as comfortable as the Robertson ST1100 Highway pegs.

Just remember to stay away from anything that reduces your cornering ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05rider View Post
Thanks Roginoz... Is that a setup you use. Goldwing driver pegs?

STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote