ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs

Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs Ergonomics & Comfort

Old June 28th, 2013   #21
eaSTernWA-Rider

Default Re: Laam Custom Seat

quick question.. I sent email on his site a week ago and no response. Is it better to contact by phone, as I've been busy and hoped the initial questions I've had could be answered by email. Just curious due to the comments posted here so far?
thx
eaSTernWA-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013   #22
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 111 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

He had just returned from a vacation when he called me. I did not ask how long he had been gone or exactly where he went. He told me that he had a mountain of e-mails and messages to sort through. I believe he is basically a one man show there. I would hope he shows you and everyone else the same level of customer service he showed me. Before I contacted him he did not know me from Adam, and it is not like I could offer him free advertisement on the ST forum...Uh, wait...
Old June 29th, 2013   #23
eaSTernWA-Rider

Time for auto reply for the email....
I shall await his reply...thx
eaSTernWA-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013   #24
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 111 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

I sent him an e-mail myself after I posted. I have every confidence he will get back with you soon.
Old July 18th, 2013   #25
Redfish
Donators

Well, I promised that I would give a detailed report on the Laam Seat when I returned.

It worked.

The end.

Oh, you want more? Greedy rascals!

Without continuing to cover old ground and beat dead horses, I could have done this whole trip on my OEM seat. I would have been really hurting though. I could have done this whole trip on the Sargent. The Sargent is much better than OEM. But...

I covered 4269 miles in 11 days. Not impressive? Well, I covered 500 +/- miles each day for the first two days and the last two days. Of that only a very few were on the Interstate. I don't recall a single day of less than 9 hours in the saddle. For me it is the hours, not the miles.

I will not lie and tell you that I felt perfect and pain free at the end of the day. I will not tell you that I never squirmed, never stood up on the pegs, that there was never a time when I wanted to get off and walk about.

I will honestly tell you that the Laam is the best I have ever had it. That seat played a starring role in making my epic Best Trip Ever go really well. There is no point in trying to compare the OEM to the Laam. The Sargent could be compared but is not really close. I have never ridden on a Russell. If what they say about never thinking about your butt, never feeling any pain is true, then a Russell might be better. I can't honestly say. What I can say is that for my type of riding I have made the right choice.

In summary, I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. You may all rest assured that I would not hesitate to tell you otherwise. I LOVE my Laam Seat.
Old July 21st, 2013   #26
Mick
Loquacious Member

OK, so what is your inseam measurement and can you comfortably flat foot the bike with the LAAM on?

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013   #27
Redfish
Donators

I stand 5'8.5" with a 32" inseam. I can almost flatfoot. It is very very close. I am no worse off than with the OEM or the Sargent. That is of course with the seat in the lowest position.
Old July 24th, 2013   #28
Panfan

Hi Redfish, could you please send me contact details for Seth, that seat sounds fantastic and I want one, my problem is here in South Africa shipping from the USA is expensive, but my kids are coming across for six weeks in about ten days and they can bring it back for me. Can you PM me with the cost and also can he supply the seat without the original OEM seat. thanks a ton for your help.
Panfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013   #29
Blue Bayou

One of the first things I did to my bike was purchase a Rick Mayer seat. After many miles on it, including a Saddle Sore 1000 to Southern California, I purchased a beaded cover to go on top of the custom seat. THAT was the best thing I've done for my seat!!! 85,000 miles so far!
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013   #30
Redfish
Donators

A quick internet search for Laam Custom Seats should get his website. I think that this: laamseats.com/‎ is the actual site name.

I cannot answer about the seat pan, I sent him my OEM and he customized what I had. I don't know if he has any OEM pans in stock.