ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs

Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs Ergonomics & Comfort

Old June 14th, 2013   #11
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 107 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Laam Custom Seat

I feel the need to explain some of my thoughts on the Laam Seat.

I saw one on an FJR and I thought it looked perfect. It struck a chord deep in my soul and I wanted one for my own. I did my research. I found out that the COG (Concourse Owners Group) forum loves his seats. Everyone raved about his customer service. I discovered that he used to build Day Long saddles. I was impressed with the thought of a young man trying to build his own business by displaying superior customer service and top quality craftsmanship. So I sent him an e-mail.

By the time I had talked to Seth 5 minutes I knew I wanted him to build my seat. If I were going to spend my money, I wanted it to be with Seth Laam. He impressed me that much. We discussed materials and thread colors. We covered every aspect of the seat building process.

Yes, I know the Day Long is the standard by which all LD saddles are judged. I may always wonder about that seat. But for now, the Laam Custom looks and feels so Perfect! on my ST that I cannot ask for anything more.

Oh, by the way. Seth does not charge anywhere near what his craftsmanship is worth. His turnaround time is nonexistent. He shipped it back almost before he received it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8039.jpg (58.2 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8040.jpg (50.8 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Redfish; June 14th, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013   #12
chaissos
Donators

Grieve now. Remember your friend. May your memories survive, and your heart rejoice in that simple joy. Everything else can wait.

Edit: Yep. I thought so...I'm going to get one of those seats. He impressed me, too.

Last edited by chaissos; June 14th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
chaissos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013   #13
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 107 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Grieve now. Remember your friend. May your memories survive, and your heart rejoice in that simple joy. Everything else can wait.

Edit: Yep. I thought so...I'm going to get one of those seats. He impressed me, too.
Just in case no one told you recently, you are a really really good guy. I appreciate you.
Old June 14th, 2013   #14
chaissos
Donators

Actually, I get told that on a regular basis, but thank you.

As before, if you need anything, just give me a call. I'm here to help, listen, or whatever else you need.

Edit. I re-read that first line, and it sounds rather pompous. I assure you, though, it really does happen.
Old June 21st, 2013   #15
Redfish
Donators

A little somewhat goofy update on the seat. My life has been in turmoil recently, it is never a relaxed calm existence anyway. I had to work nights starting tonight and had a terribly busy day. The bike has not moved in two days, I have been in the truck. In something of a distracted fog I went out to the bike and loaded my lunch into the saddlebag like always. With my mind going in a thousand different directions I swung my leg over and sat down on the seat like I've done countless times before. And then...

I had forgotten all about the new Laam Seat. What a pleasant and comfortable surprise! I felt so comfy and happy in that seat. The entire ride to work I sat in complete and comfortable happiness. I was so pissed when I had to get off and come into the plant...

This is the best thing to come along since they figured out how to mix jelly with peanut butter.
Old June 22nd, 2013   #16
Guaglio

That's really good to hear Redfish, I bet you'll appreciate it even more on your annual epic journey. I still can't get over how comfortable mine is, a very good investment.
Hope things are going better for you, and you're more able to focus on the joys of life instead of the sorrows of the recent past.
Take care.
Eddie.
Guaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013   #17
Redfish
Donators

Time for a follow-up on my seat. First, no long miles yet. Lots of little hops, the commute to and from work, short runs for errands, etc. But, OH MY GOODNESS! This thing is so much better than I had ever hoped and the longer I have it, the better I like it. The ST "fits" me now like never before.

Next thing. I got a phone call from Seth Laam today. An actual personal follow up to check on my seat, thank me for my business, and to make sure I did not need any adjustments. How cool is that? When was the last time any of you dealt with that kind of customer service?

Ole Blue has a brand new set of tires, tomorrow an oil change, final drive oil change and installing LEDs on the forks. When I return from my Best Motorcycle Trip Ever, I will post a (mostly) honest evaluation of the Laam seat.
Old June 27th, 2013   #18
chaissos
Donators

Looking forward to it, too...
Old June 28th, 2013   #19
Jonjon

Andrew, I am very interested in this new redone seat. Where are you going on this "awesome" road trip?
Jonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013   #20
skier207
Donators

If you are coming anywhere near Az let me know. I might be temped to brave the heat and meet up with you somewhere along the way. It would be cool to meet the man who landed the "Bigin"
skier207 is offline   Reply With Quote