ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs

Seats, Seat Pads, Risers, Pegs Ergonomics & Comfort

Old June 12th, 2015   #11
rikSTr
Forum Supporter

Default Re: E. Iowa: Can I borrow a set of seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamike View Post
I take.it that you sent your stock one in as a donor? How about I send my stock one down so that you have a rideable bike. Then if uou need to swap we can work something out. The Baldwin is memory foam and much more comfortable than the stick.
Mike,
Thanks again so much. That is such a load off my mind. I wasn't home when Brian dropped off the box but my daughter pulled it in off the porch when she got here.
I really miss EiLean but it will still be a couple days before she's on the road. Rear tire off tonight to be swapped tomorrow. New air filter and putting all the plastic back ( after tracking down a coolant leak) as soon as time allows. But much of Saturday is already spoken for and little time for EiLean.
Not much time before I need to have this thing packed up and on the road
Old June 12th, 2015   #12
Iamike
Loquacious Member

Rick,
I was going to swap the Baldwin off my bike with the stock one in the box. I got tied up out of town and didn't get back in before Brian took off. Hope that works out for you.
Old June 29th, 2015   #13
rikSTr
Forum Supporter

I've been back for a couple of days. With all the time spent at work, packing, and bike prep in the week leading up to my trip I have just now gotten time to fill in some of the blanks on my predicament.
On Monday morning(6/15) I got a call from Seth...he sure does like to make sure he talks to his customers personally. Luckily I didn't need any height changes or special mods to my seat and he promised to have it on the road by the end of the day. It arrived shortly before 2 pm on Friday. Had I not been waiting on my daughter to get off work so she could go with me this would have been leaving 2 hours later than I wanted...as it turned out it was 2 hours prior to my departure. Cutting it pretty darn close there, Mr. Laam, considering you had had been sitting on this for two and half weeks at that point.
My advice for anybody bent on having a Laam seat is to "schedule" for a time when you know you won't need it back for a couple months or more.
His quality of work seems to be more than acceptable. Only time will tell for longevity.
Details of the ride out and back to support my positive opinion of the outcome:
I did a 670 mile day from Columbia, Mo on my way to the Smokies, stopping only every 150 miles for fuel(Phil has a bit smaller tank). On the way home a 500 mile day on Thursday, same routine stopping short only due to caution of overextending ourselves. The backside and groin none the worse for wear on either leg...there was some minor hip and lower back soreness but I attribute that to not being in riding shape. Nothing a good night's sleep didn't cure.
Friday was only 200 miles to get back to the camper in Columbia shortly after noon. Since I had nothing on my calendar until my dad's birthday party at 2 the next day I gave a shout out to my friends Patrick and Jenny and I found myself with an invitation to their lake place at Gravois Mills for the evening, so add another 75 miles to the day.
Saturday morning found me 68 miles from the birthday party and from there another 266 miles to get home before dark.
Between the new seat and the old hi-way pegs (larry buck?) I had plenty of room to find a comfy spot whenever needed.
I don't know how many times I'll ever have a chance to attempt such a trip, but I'm glad I had the seat for this one.
And one suggestion about riding to a destination on the other end of TN route 129...try to get there before dark
Old July 3rd, 2015   #14
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Glad that it worked out for you.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote