ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tools

Tools Did you just find the coolest tool that made a maintenance task a breeze? Tell us about it here.

Old May 10th, 2012   #11
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Maintenance manual?

Where were you yesterday? I also paid way too much for the thermostat. I am actually disgusted with myself for trying to play by the rules. I am so mad I could sell Echo to China as stew meat.
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012   #12
Wizard Bill

Rep Power: 0 Wizard Bill has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hey Redfish! Hope you ordered the Oring along with the Stat???Did my Stat last saturday and was glad I ordered the o-ring as well...Needed it! What a diff in the bike...unbelievable! I also bought a a honda shop manual from a dealer used for $40.00... for my 04!
Wizard Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012   #13
echo
The sky is falling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
Completely off topic, my wife drives a 2011 BMW 328i and it is the best vehicle we have ever owned, so far.

What did that cost?

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012   #14
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

Yes, I ordered the O-ring as well. And the only reason I knew to do that was from reading and re-reading on this forum! I truly get more out of this forum than just an opportunity to harass Echo, I have learned much. It is worth the $100.00 a month that Joe Z. charges me. Of course I am too lazy to apply most of it.
Old May 11th, 2012   #15
Redfish
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
What did that cost?
My goodness Echo! That's kinda personal! In truth by the time we got done with the finance manager, the sales manager, the general manager, the salesman, and me throwing a little Red-neck fit in the middle of their sales floor, I have no idea what the final price was. The sticker started off at $39,974. I traded in a Pontiac that was worth less than $3000 on it, we really did not fit in at the BMW dealership. It comes with free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles and if it so much as coughs at me before that, I will be looking to trade it in-if my wife lets me. It is the most enjoyable driving experience I have ever had on 4 wheels and the wife loves it. Here is my very useful and simple philosophy: Happy wife, happy life.
Old May 11th, 2012   #16
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
My goodness Echo! That's kinda personal! In truth by the time we got done with the finance manager, the sales manager, the general manager, the salesman, and me throwing a little Red-neck fit in the middle of their sales floor, I have no idea what the final price was. The sticker started off at $39,974. I traded in a Pontiac that was worth less than $3000 on it, we really did not fit in at the BMW dealership. It comes with free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles and if it so much as coughs at me before that, I will be looking to trade it in-if my wife lets me. It is the most enjoyable driving experience I have ever had on 4 wheels and the wife loves it. Here is my very useful and simple philosophy: Happy wife, happy life.

Don't forget separate vacations.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012   #17
echo
The sky is falling...

Quote:
Hmm. If Mama aint happy theres nobody happy?

Mine was THRILLED in 1980 when I bought her a 73 Chevy Biscayne for $150 with 135k miles on it. It needed a water pump, exhaust, and left front caliper. That was another $100 or so.

However I explained in no uncertain terms she could only drive it once a week 15 miles into town to do our laundry.

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012   #18
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 154 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Hmm. If Mama aint happy theres nobody happy?

Mine was THRILLED in 1980 when I bought her a 73 Chevy Biscayne for $150 with 135k miles on it. It needed a water pump, exhaust, and left front caliper. That was another $100 or so.

However I explained in no uncertain terms she could only drive it once a week 15 miles into town to do our laundry.
Kindness is rewarded.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012   #19
skier207
Donators

Quote:
I have never purchased a maintenance manual for my ST. The minor stuff I do myself, anything really involved it goes to the dealership. Yes, I know it is painfully obvious that I am lazy and that I am a bad person.

My question is, do I purchase the Honda manual or can I get by with the Haynes? I have read that the Honda manual must be ordered through a dealership, is this true?
I would get the factory manual, as an auto technician/shop foreman I find the factory manuals are always the best. You will save the price of the manual in grief. I think I got my ST manual on e-bay. You have to be careful on e-bay sometimes the manuals on there are copies.

On that BMW they are phenomenal driving cars, just don't keep it after the warranty runs out. You have to sell your ST to keep it on the road.

Last edited by skier207; May 12th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
skier207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012   #20
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

My wife and I had a 328i for a while too. Very nice cars. Had an M Roadster too.

Fun ride.

Quote:
<snip>

Completely off topic, my wife drives a 2011 BMW 328i and it is the best vehicle we have ever owned, so far.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote