ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Brakes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2016   #21
echo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

No suggest a company.
  Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016   #22
echo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

There's no mention of any test kit or mailer in any of the websites you provided.

Only one of the websites said they tested brake fluid specifically. But there were no details as to how to go about making the arrangements.

So This is going to take awhile unless you can show me someone who does what you claim they do.
  Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016   #23
Redfish
Donators
 
Redfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 2,817
Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Why does any of this even matter? I am not changing my mind about what I am going to do to my motorcycle and neither is anyone else on this board. We are all going to do what we think is right whether everyone else likes it or not.

I do what I do. You guys do what you do. I don't care what you guys do to yours, I just don't want anyone TELLING me what I HAVE to do to mine.

Can we just stop arguing about this foolishness?
__________________
Never run out of traction, ideas and real estate all at the same time.
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #24
Rob2m
Loquacious Member
 
Rob2m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hull UK
Posts: 792
Rep Power: 62 Rob2m will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
There's no mention of any test kit or mailer in any of the websites you provided.

Only one of the websites said they tested brake fluid specifically. But there were no details as to how to go about making the arrangements.

So This is going to take awhile unless you can show me someone who does what you claim they do.
Why don't you get off your lazy stupid arse and prove what you want to, Why do you expect people to run round disproving yet another rubbish, stupid, provocative idiotism. (You may actually be responsible for the creation of a word.)

Oh yes, you like the attention, I forgot for a moment.
__________________
"Today’s ride will remind me forever how good it is to be a motorcyclist, how good it is to be alive and how much we need to live life, rather than watch it pass us by." Green VFR. 1970-2012
Rob2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #25
echo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
Why does any of this even matter? I am not changing my mind about what I am going to do to my motorcycle and neither is anyone else on this board. We are all going to do what we think is right whether everyone else likes it or not.

I do what I do. You guys do what you do. I don't care what you guys do to yours, I just don't want anyone TELLING me what I HAVE to do to mine
I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Certain people have set themselves up as authority figures and experts. They say you should not keep any brake fluid left over once a new can has been opened. That it will attract moisture in the resealed container and go bad.

I don't believe it and as evidence in the first post of this thread showed the label of a Valvoline container of brake fluid which tells you how to store it once it's been opened. That says the people who make brake fluid agree with me.

But since I have a three year old opened container of brake fluid I'm also making arrangements to have it tested for moisture.

Thus the question will be settled one way or the other.

Isn't that fair? You of course are free to do whatever you want but you just won't be able to claim brake fluid in an opened container goes bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #26
Rob2m
Loquacious Member
 
Rob2m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hull UK
Posts: 792
Rep Power: 62 Rob2m will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
But since I have a three year old opened container of brake fluid I'm also making arrangements to have it tested for moisture.
You would need to do sample testing on a lot for it to count for anything.
Better still do a google search on storing brake fluid & blah blah blah blah...
__________________
"Today’s ride will remind me forever how good it is to be a motorcyclist, how good it is to be alive and how much we need to live life, rather than watch it pass us by." Green VFR. 1970-2012
Rob2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #27
Redfish
Donators
 
Redfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 2,817
Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

I live in South Louisiana. The humidity here is extremely high. It is always high.

Whatever you prove or disprove for that ONE BOTTLE of brake fluid will not mean that any other bottle of brake fluid anywhere else in the world will or will not go bad.

The only reason you do these things is to stir up meanness and controversy so you can get some attention.

The only reason I get involved is because there are still folks out there that believe the technical information this forum provides. Someone has to provide a counterpoint to your foolishness.
__________________
Never run out of traction, ideas and real estate all at the same time.
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #28
LEINADEUGAL
Donators
 
LEINADEUGAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Frelighsburg,Quebec,Canada
Posts: 651
Rep Power: 118 LEINADEUGAL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
The only reason you do these things is to stir up meanness and controversy so you can get some attention.

The only reason I get involved is because there are still folks out there that believe the technical information this forum provides. Someone has to provide a counterpoint to your foolishness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Certain people have set themselves up as authority figures and experts.
Eco . . . new user on the forum need to know " who " they are those experts ,here on

Please , post their identity to help them to find rapidly , the right stuff in the massive content of informations in this forum . Because THEY are new here , They will save a lot of time in searching and reading . So would You provide them , this critical information somewhere . . .

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #29
echo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

I catagorically deny that I'm testing the brake fluid to foster meanness or to somehow get attention. The test will reveal the truth...either a resealed container will have a moisture content over 3.7% or it won't. Or who knows....maybe it will be somewhere in between. The company doing the testing even suggested testing an unopened container to see if THAT has water init!

Wouldn't that be a shock!
  Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016   #30
Rob2m
Loquacious Member
 
Rob2m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hull UK
Posts: 792
Rep Power: 62 Rob2m will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
Eco . . . new user on the forum need to know " who " they are those experts ,here on

Please , post their identity to help them to find rapidly , the right stuff in the massive content of informations in this forum . Because THEY are new here , They will save a lot of time in searching and reading . So would You provide them , this critical information somewhere . . .

Daniel
Perfect solution, There you go Echo, your chance to produce something of value. (For a change.)
__________________
"Today’s ride will remind me forever how good it is to be a motorcyclist, how good it is to be alive and how much we need to live life, rather than watch it pass us by." Green VFR. 1970-2012
Rob2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2011 ST1300.US.COM