Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Brakes

Old October 23rd, 2016   #21
echo

Default Re: Read What Valvoline Says About Storing Brake Fluid

No suggest a company.
Old October 23rd, 2016   #22
echo

There's no mention of any test kit or mailer in any of the websites you provided.

Only one of the websites said they tested brake fluid specifically. But there were no details as to how to go about making the arrangements.

So This is going to take awhile unless you can show me someone who does what you claim they do.
Old October 23rd, 2016   #23
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

Why does any of this even matter? I am not changing my mind about what I am going to do to my motorcycle and neither is anyone else on this board. We are all going to do what we think is right whether everyone else likes it or not.

I do what I do. You guys do what you do. I don't care what you guys do to yours, I just don't want anyone TELLING me what I HAVE to do to mine.

Can we just stop arguing about this foolishness?
Old October 24th, 2016   #24
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
There's no mention of any test kit or mailer in any of the websites you provided.

Only one of the websites said they tested brake fluid specifically. But there were no details as to how to go about making the arrangements.

So This is going to take awhile unless you can show me someone who does what you claim they do.
Why don't you get off your lazy stupid arse and prove what you want to, Why do you expect people to run round disproving yet another rubbish, stupid, provocative idiotism. (You may actually be responsible for the creation of a word.)

Oh yes, you like the attention, I forgot for a moment.
Old October 24th, 2016   #25
echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
Why does any of this even matter? I am not changing my mind about what I am going to do to my motorcycle and neither is anyone else on this board. We are all going to do what we think is right whether everyone else likes it or not.

I do what I do. You guys do what you do. I don't care what you guys do to yours, I just don't want anyone TELLING me what I HAVE to do to mine
I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Certain people have set themselves up as authority figures and experts. They say you should not keep any brake fluid left over once a new can has been opened. That it will attract moisture in the resealed container and go bad.

I don't believe it and as evidence in the first post of this thread showed the label of a Valvoline container of brake fluid which tells you how to store it once it's been opened. That says the people who make brake fluid agree with me.

But since I have a three year old opened container of brake fluid I'm also making arrangements to have it tested for moisture.

Thus the question will be settled one way or the other.

Isn't that fair? You of course are free to do whatever you want but you just won't be able to claim brake fluid in an opened container goes bad.
Old October 24th, 2016   #26
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Quote:
But since I have a three year old opened container of brake fluid I'm also making arrangements to have it tested for moisture.
You would need to do sample testing on a lot for it to count for anything.
Better still do a google search on storing brake fluid & blah blah blah blah...
Old October 24th, 2016   #27
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 112 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

I live in South Louisiana. The humidity here is extremely high. It is always high.

Whatever you prove or disprove for that ONE BOTTLE of brake fluid will not mean that any other bottle of brake fluid anywhere else in the world will or will not go bad.

The only reason you do these things is to stir up meanness and controversy so you can get some attention.

The only reason I get involved is because there are still folks out there that believe the technical information this forum provides. Someone has to provide a counterpoint to your foolishness.
Old October 24th, 2016   #28
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
The only reason you do these things is to stir up meanness and controversy so you can get some attention.

The only reason I get involved is because there are still folks out there that believe the technical information this forum provides. Someone has to provide a counterpoint to your foolishness.
Quote:
I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

Certain people have set themselves up as authority figures and experts.
Eco . . . new user on the forum need to know " who " they are those experts ,here on

Please , post their identity to help them to find rapidly , the right stuff in the massive content of informations in this forum . Because THEY are new here , They will save a lot of time in searching and reading . So would You provide them , this critical information somewhere . . .

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016   #29
echo

I catagorically deny that I'm testing the brake fluid to foster meanness or to somehow get attention. The test will reveal the truth...either a resealed container will have a moisture content over 3.7% or it won't. Or who knows....maybe it will be somewhere in between. The company doing the testing even suggested testing an unopened container to see if THAT has water init!

Wouldn't that be a shock!
Old October 25th, 2016   #30
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
Eco . . . new user on the forum need to know " who " they are those experts ,here on

Please , post their identity to help them to find rapidly , the right stuff in the massive content of informations in this forum . Because THEY are new here , They will save a lot of time in searching and reading . So would You provide them , this critical information somewhere . . .

Daniel
Perfect solution, There you go Echo, your chance to produce something of value. (For a change.)