ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Brakes

Old April 14th, 2014   #41
Dan55

Default Re: Brakes dragging - Possibles causes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
and hope the dealership does not loose a customer.
This dealer is very convenient for me being on my way to work so I might keep it as a back-up for parts. But they DEFiNITELY lost my business for any mechanical service.
Dan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014   #42
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

I actually cannot believe anyone can fit a front wheel and not spin it in the air, the grind/bind must be blindingly obvious.

Maybe a trainee under time pressure or just shoddy workmanship, I suppose it's why I like to do as much as I can myself, a friend once told me it's always best to do as much as you can because your the only person that really, really cares about your bike.
Old April 15th, 2014   #43
PaulRB
ST Guru

Rep Power: 87 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan55 View Post
This dealer is very convenient for me being on my way to work so I might keep it as a back-up for parts. But they DEFiNITELY lost my business for any mechanical service.
I have no problem with switching dealers but I do believe someone in a position of authority should be told of the reason for the switch so that, hopefully, some adjustment can be made.
If they don't know there is a problem there will be no correction ever.
This is a issue that should get someone's attention.
It has the very real possibility of legal action in the event of accident that could shut the doors.
It could be very easily corrected or it could be catastrophically expensive, their choice.

Paul
PaulRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014   #44
Dan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
This is a issue that should get someone's attention.
I'm thinking right now on what I'm going to do with this... Thanks Paul and all for your advice. I'll keep you posted.
Old April 16th, 2014   #45
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Was away for a couple of days . . . Dan ,Your dealer employ unfit mecanic to work on motorcycle .He needs to be aware of that fact .Just think if the mecanic could not even installed Your front wheel properly . . . whath else important thing could he have forgotten to do corectly

Please report directly to the Owners if possible and give him gently a verry big pile of shitt . . . ask him to have your bike recheck for the job it was in last Fall , by is best mecanic,be shure their is no damage to the disc and tell him that You will not pay a cent to him to do so . If he is whilling to do so , stay customer there . . .

Stupid is the only thing that come to my mind when I see or hear horror storys like that.

This is happenning way too often .Delivering any " vehicule " especially when it have only two wheels , that had major surgery in critical component such has brake , wheel removal , work done in stering and suspention system or and anyother similar components , that could affect the security of the owners or drivers ,whithout running any afterward security check or road test is " irresponsable " .Giving the key of that " vehicule " and have the owners pay the bill is criminal in my opinion Let see what will happen to this customer . . . will he notice anything wrong . . . if he do ,will he come back here and if he come back ,we will have the possibillity to get more cash out of him .Oh may be he will not come back at all ,but whe have plenty more of other customers to screw .

This is the kind of storry ,like that one ,or thing that I saw ,or experienced myself while I was working,has a mecanic ,on various type of " vehicules " ,in my youg time ,that made me quit that field of work after only ten years of work in different type of garage.There is simply too many stupid mecanic doing job unproperly and often whithout even thinking of "what if ",also ,too many crook Dealer and garage Owners that the only interest they have towards their customer is . . . their money .

I am sorry if I hurt anyone feeling with what i just wrothe . . . but if the hat fits him ,it is just to bad for him.

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014   #46
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 148 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about

All comments are welcome, Daniel.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014   #47
Dan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
This is happenning way too often (...) There is simply too many stupid mecanic doing job unproperly and often whithout even thinking of "what if " (...)
Daniel, on est jamais si bien servi que par soi même... meaning that we are always better served by ourself or something like that (there must be an usual english sentence for that).

So today, my thinking looks like I will be a responsible citizen and stop by to report the incident to the dealer. Not for me because I'm done with them but for other customers who rely on them.

BTW I have a friend of mine who is an experienced MC mechanic and I will continue to use his skills. The only reason I did go to the dealer at this time was because he don't sell or install tires.
Old April 17th, 2014   #48
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Well while its all good to bring the issue to the dealers attention and something may happen because of it, for me, the responsibility lies with the dealership, they employed the person to do the work and they must have realised his incompetence. I still cannot get my head round the fact he must not have spun the wheel in the air after fitting it.
By reporting it your best case scenario is a better standard of workmanship however that can manifest itself, worst case the owner doesn't care and does nothing, I wouldn't be taking my bike back.
Old April 17th, 2014   #49
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

OH! shitt . . . You are verry luky not to be invalid or be already dead by now, my friend . . . did You check if both tires where install with direction arrows turning in the rigth way and not with 32 pouds of air in them

This dealer is one of those huge Big Red Center . Probably the mecanic that worked on your ST has verry fiew experience on motorcycle and may be it was the first time he worked on an ST He migth have been one of those car mecanic that only followed one day or so session of training at the Big Red MC training center . . . wath a mess .

Remember wath You have posted in February . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan55 View Post
I will start with the dealer that did the job. They have to fix it because they owe me a job properly done.
The following is directly comming from their site . . . " Nos techniciens hautement qualifiés vous assurent un service professionnel dans des délais des plus raisonnables "

I strongly sugest You ,to have the complete job recheck by nothing else then some certified motorcycle mecanic with ST knowledge . . . the ST is an highly sofistycated machine and any job done on it have to be done with great care . If the left front disc was toutching the caliper ,well, the mecanic did not followed the corect front wheel installation procedure and this is wath he deserve . . .

But, the final decision is up to You . . . You are the one riding this ST

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014   #50
Dan55

Daniel, the only reason I did the check the job myself is because the dealer told me there was a one week delay to take my MC due to spring rush. With what I found, the less I interact with them, the better I feel. Thanks for your support.

End of the story.