ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Tank Bags, Top Cases, Luggage & Racks

Old August 2nd, 2012   #21
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 111 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Aftermarket Trunk and Saddle Bag liners

That does not sound good at all. I hope you do get them. I bought a set of bestem's used off this forum without really wanting them. Once I started using them, I consider the left side one indispensable. I keep my rainsuit and a few other things in there and it is extremely useful. Curses to Honda for not including them with the bike. Yamaha includes them with the FJR.
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012   #22
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 127 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

I am hopelessly confused. What is it with all these internal bags? I pack all my essential overnight stuff in the right pannier (uphill side when on side stand) and as I arrive at my destination. I just take that pannier off. Sometimes I might want an extra item so I will pull it out of the top box or left pannier. Mine have been through awful weather and have never leaked. I don't do handlebar risers, custom seats, electrickery extra's, back rests etc. Why is my life so simple and some of you guys are so complicated?
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012   #23
Redfish
Donators

Rep Power: 111 Redfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the roughRedfish is a jewel in the rough

We're just not as cool as guys like you...and echo.
Old August 2nd, 2012   #24
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 127 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
We're just not as cool as guys like you...and echo.
Ah, but I iike my bike just fine. I'm not sure that Echo does.
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012   #25
echo
The sky is falling...

I like the ST1300 just fine. In many ways its a step in the wrong direction from the ST1100 however. (in my opinion) So I point out what I feel is wrong before its too late and it turns into a Concourse 1400. (If Kawsaki keeps it up someday the bike will have a 2000cc engine that gets 22 mpg and a three gallon gas tank)

I mean everybody can say what they think right? Im just saying what I think.

Heres what happens when I get a bike I DONT like a 1996 BMW R1100GS

the good:

better bags that the STs. Honda should copy them. I wont object.

telelever front suspension. copy that too.

heated hand grips (but they didnt get HOT)

maybe something else I dont remember

the bad (here it comes)

top heavy. INSANELY top heavy.

the transmission went on the PO at 50k miles. Cost $3000 to fix.

the PO had $5000 in reciepts for work done out of warranty at the dealer (he was wealthy, had four other BMWs, this was the Judas bike. when he looked at it, it was like it had stabbed him in the back)

the CLANK CLANK of the ABS is enough to drive you nuts. Every once in a while the ABS would go out and the light come one. then it would work again.

It vibrated scary anything over 75 mph. Some of them do it, some of them dont. I dont really care if a motorcycle vibrates. Or gets hot. But if it costs $15,000 (in 1996) that sucks.

There was more but I cant remember it right now.

And now for the worst...

It was S L O W. 80 hp. Couldnt get out of its own way. $15,000 so you can be the slowest guy on the block. No thanks!

Nope its more like:

Look! The Emperor has no clothes!
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012   #26
Redfish
Donators

Back on topic.
I would not have any issue removing the entire saddlebag while on a trip. It has not been necessary yet because I carry most of my stuff in a soft tailbag strapped to the back.
The liner I use constantly is on the left side. I commute often with the bike and it rains here alot. I always keep my rainsuit in the left side saddlebag. Before I got the bag liner, when I would open the left side bag everything would try to roll out on the ground unless I was on the centerstand. Now, everything stays in place neatly, plus I can be a little more organised with the small pockets. Like I said, I did not really want the things at first, now I am very happy with them.
Old August 3rd, 2012   #27
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

A liner keeps everything organized and together so that things aren't hanging loose in the saddlebag.

Also, when I stop for the night at a hotel/motel, I don't want to carry heavy saddlebags around. BTW, I don't put my tool rolls inside my liners. They stay outside the liner inside the saddlebags as does my air pump and bike cover.

It's just more convenient to use liners to help organize and separate things that I want (or may want) to bring inside for the night.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012   #28
LEINADEUGAL
Donators

Because Honda did not included the feature we had in the side bags of the ST 1100 ,I wanted at first to buy liners . . . but the feature on the ST 1100 was more simple to do ,has already proven to be effective ,and cost less money . . . but they were not ordered from Honda because the price of that feature on the ST 1100 is to much $

Here take a look of the inside of my side bag . . . I made them myself.

http://www.st1300.us.com/album.php?a...&pictureid=251

Daniel
LEINADEUGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012   #29
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Nice.

I did something like that on my first ST1300 (remembering what the ST1100 had) but, the Hondaline bags came with my second "used" ST1300 so, I just started using them and liked them better.

I use a backpack designed to hold laptops for my trunk. It has enough room for my netbook and some space for other electronics for the netbook. Then there is enough left-over space in the trunk for my extra gloves, a hat, visors, etc.

I put all my clothes (that I'm going to bring into the Hotel) in the left saddlebag along with a toiletry kit.

I put all my extra riding gear like electrics, mesh jacket, etc. that I don't plan on using much in my right saddlebag. Unless my wife is with me then, she gets to put her clothes in that side.

Works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL View Post
Because Honda did not included the feature we had in the side bags of the ST 1100 ,I wanted at first to buy liners . . . but the feature on the ST 1100 was more simple to do ,has already proven to be effective ,and cost less money . . . but they were not ordered from Honda because the price of that feature on the ST 1100 is to much $

Here take a look of the inside of my side bag . . . I made them myself.

http://www.st1300.us.com/album.php?a...&pictureid=251

Daniel
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012   #30
Darrah

Really guys, I did not want to start a bag liner debate. { But I do enjoy the communcation } I just wanted to let everybody know there is a problem with orders made to TLC. earlier posts say how great the bags and service was up to July 2011. That is why I ordered them. I like to keep my stuff organized and not haul the whole bag around.

DID I SAY I LOVE THIS FOUM

Still no word on the bags yet.
Darrah is offline   Reply With Quote