ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting

Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting Do you have a favorite set of tires? Tell us about them here.

Old April 28th, 2010   #11
dduelin
Loquacious Member

Default Re: Bridgestone BT 023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodm850g View Post
Funny thing they don't list an appropriate front tire for the ST....they do for my VFR but that is not why I would buy them.....OH well
Rod
The 4/27/10 press release gives a table of available sizes and it includes a 120/70-18ZR front in a 59W load rating which is the size and rating on the DOT placard on your ST1300's headstock, underseat, and in your service manual. The GT spec tires do not list ST1300 sizes however. I wouldn't worry about that as the sizes they do list are appropriate for the bike and are the same speed rating and load index as same size tires by Avon, Michelin, Metzeler & Dunlop that have been fitted to ST1300's since the bike came out.
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015   #12
Sleestak

Based on what I read on this site. I ordered BT023GT's for my bike- I got the front tire and had it installed. I had not received the rear yeat when I was informed they discontinued this and have replaced it with BT30GT. I just got the news this afternoon and I have not read much on the 30's any input would be ok. Also I will be have 023 on from and 030 on rear- this should be ok right???

Thanks
Old March 19th, 2015   #13
dduelin
Loquacious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Based on what I read on this site. I ordered BT023GT's for my bike- I got the front tire and had it installed. I had not received the rear yeat when I was informed they discontinued this and have replaced it with BT30GT. I just got the news this afternoon and I have not read much on the 30's any input would be ok. Also I will be have 023 on from and 030 on rear- this should be ok right???

Thanks
The 023 / 30 combo will be just fine. I bought a set of 023s last summer in prep for a 50CC transcontinental dash. The tech tore the bead on the rear tire mounting it and at that time the 023s were beginning to get hard to find and the suppliers were back ordered. I ended up getting a T30GT rear for the trip. The combo handled great and that 023 is still on the front 14,000 miles later. The T30 was replaced after 10,000 miles.

Honda NC700X/D
Honda ST1300
Honda CH 80
IBA 33208
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015   #14
Sleestak

Thumbs up Re: Bridgestone BT 023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
The 023 / 30 combo will be just fine. I bought a set of 023s last summer in prep for a 50CC transcontinental dash. The tech tore the bead on the rear tire mounting it and at that time the 023s were beginning to get hard to find and the suppliers were back ordered. I ended up getting a T30GT rear for the trip. The combo handled great and that 023 is still on the front 14,000 miles later. The T30 was replaced after 10,000 miles.
That's good to know Thanks!

I was supposed to get that tire on the 16th and I did not find anything about the availability issue until I contacted them!!