ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Maintenance & Repair > Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting

Tires, Tire Mounting & Demounting Do you have a favorite set of tires? Tell us about them here.

Old October 4th, 2013   #151
maura
Super Moderator

Default Re: New Tire on ST-1300 - Now On Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
I may have "thrown you into a conundrum" but you and that rascal DickPeake have set me upon the horns of a dilemma. As you know, a dilemma's horns point in different directions. One points to heaven, the other to hell. I seem to always take the low road.

I don't like mocking the DarkSiders. Freedom of choice and all that PC stuff. I don't think I am a poser or a pirate either. I do however enjoy a clean shiny motorcycle. Some of the best "therapy" I ever get is from cleaning the motorcycle or the boat. Each to his own I suppose.
You can shine my ST anytime
And I am holding my tongue on the CT. Freedom of choice and all that

2008 Honda ST1300
2012 Honda ST1300 BambiBroke
2006 Honda ST1300 sold
maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013   #152
maura
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickPeake View Post
My ST is always covered in honourable road dirt - squished flies and road dirt from France, Germany, Switzerland, local etc. When it rains, the bugs get washed off and, if it rains for long enough, the roads clean up and the the mud on the ST gets washed off as well! It's a long time now since I actually washed mine although I do wipe areas likely to be subject to corrosion with a WD40 soaked rag.
My kinda ST rider. You still married ?

2008 Honda ST1300
2012 Honda ST1300 BambiBroke
2006 Honda ST1300 sold
maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013   #153
DickPeake
Super Moderator

Rep Power: 121 DickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura aboutDickPeake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
All very off topic Maura.
Yes, I am, sorta. She lives in our cottage 20 miles away, I live in our house 20 miles away. We get on fine so long as I don't go to our cottage and she doesn't come to our house! In 1993 i was in a band that went to Vancouver Island. We played 3 gigs in University of Victoria (1,000 seater auditorium) plus another 7 gigs up an down the island. We went to Sidney, Chemainus, Nanaimo, saw bears and mountain lions, swam with the orcas, and I hunted high and low for a Maura. Never found her! But what a stunningly beautiful part of the world you live in!
1977 Triumph Bonneville T140V
2003 Land Rover Defender 110 - sold
2003 Honda ST1300ABS - sold
2010 Vauxhall Insignia Elite
2014 Honda CTX1300 TCS/ABS
DickPeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013   #154
mgilles0

I have kind of finished my long tours for the season, but yes I plan to. I ran it today at about 39 pounds and it was wonderful...absorbs the bumps and perhaps faster in the corners than on a motorcycle tire. Very planted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Do you have any plans to tour with your new CT? I hear they last a long time when inflated to 34 psi.

mgilles0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013   #155
mgilles0

hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post

mgilles0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014   #156
eSTes1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSTes1300 View Post
What's the objective here? Better life of tire, lower cost, better handling? With an average tire life of ~7-8k, I would like to get ahold of something that would not wear out in the middle of a trip. I've heard about car tires on bikes for years, what's the down side? I would jump on this, doing 15k a year keeps me near a tire shop. Thanks.
Here I am, 2.5 years later with 17k on the hankook. Very satisfied with performance. I could get another 3-5k out of the tire, but will replace with another hankook as I will ride 10k this summer. So I am a repeat customer. What have I learned? The ct lasted about the same as 3 mt. I don't get stuck in places where I end up spending $500 for tire/hotel since honda dealers never carry the right size. I'm not out to make a statement and I find the dark side jabber childish. I ride about 20k a year on 2 bikes and want simple and reliable. Hankook delivers what I want. Ride on.
eSTes1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014   #157
airheaded

Well. I was not a believer either, but after 17000 miles on a CT on my Wing, and riding behind some of the best riders I have ever ridden with, (Yellow Wolf, Murgie, Ohio Winger, Rapid Ray) , I can tell you they work way better than a MC tire, and cannot be beat in the rain. There is also a couple of videos on youtube, Do a search for goldwings at Buttonwillow racetrack, or Yellow Wolf at the Dragon. When someone told me there were some darksiders on the ST forum I couldn't wait to find out a Lil more.I will definitely be putting a CT on my 04 ST.
airheaded is offline   Reply With Quote