ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Tank Bags, Top Cases, Luggage & Racks

Old March 12th, 2013   #1
2thdr

Default MotoCentric Mototrek 14 Tank Bag

Has anyone tried this bag to fit without hitting the horn and/or windshield button?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tank-Bag.aspx
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013   #2
chaissos
Donators

Default Re: MotoCentric Mototrek 14 Tank Bag

I have not, no. For me, I like to go to my local places, and see what they have. If there's one that looks like it might do the job, I ask to try it out. They let me take it out, and stick it on the bike to see if it will do the job.

I also tend to buy from them, rather than save a couple bucks on-line. The savings (again, for me, YMMV) are outweighed by the fact that there's a shop open locally where I can play with things. The last time I bought a jacket, I got it from mc-superstore on-line. It cost almost the same (I think it was less than $2 savings) as the local place. The only reason I bought it on-line was the Sandy superstorm. She'd stopped merchandise moving through the East.
Old March 13th, 2013   #3
PaulRB
ST Guru

Rep Power: 88 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about

I have the older style Cortech,looks to be the exact same bag, in both mini and super mini 6.5ltr.
Both bags will require some protection for the horn button but I have never had them bother the shield button.

You will be hard pressed to find a tank bag for this bike that does not get into the horn.

Paul
Old March 13th, 2013   #4
slowpoke

I have the Cortech version, looks exactly the same, and it works fine
if you place the bag toward the rear of the tank.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013   #5
PaulRB
ST Guru

Rep Power: 88 PaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura aboutPaulRB has a spectacular aura about

I found if you run the Hondaline tank protector pad and the magnetic bag you will run out of tank that the magnets can use if you go back far enough to clear the horn button.
Does not seem to be a problem with the strap-on models or anything that you tether.

Horn Button Protector Template.

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Horn Deflector Template.jpg (112.7 KB, 77 views)
Old March 13th, 2013   #6
2thdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
I have not, no. For me, I like to go to my local places, and see what they have. If there's one that looks like it might do the job, I ask to try it out. They let me take it out, and stick it on the bike to see if it will do the job.

I also tend to buy from them, rather than save a couple bucks on-line. The savings (again, for me, YMMV) are outweighed by the fact that there's a shop open locally where I can play with things. The last time I bought a jacket, I got it from mc-superstore on-line. It cost almost the same (I think it was less than $2 savings) as the local place. The only reason I bought it on-line was the Sandy superstorm. She'd stopped merchandise moving through the East.
I supported my local shop in Spokane, WA. Plus I was friends with a couple of the guys as we did track days together. But since moving to Oklahoma, where a curved road is only a memory and pirates and cruisers are the norm, there is almost nothing available in MC shops for the sport / sport touring rider.
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote