ST1300.us.com

ST1300.us.com (http://www.st1300.us.com/forums.php)
-   Wanted To Buy (http://www.st1300.us.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   WTB Gen Honda speakers (http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=3038)

West Aussie Glen November 29th, 2012 07:20 AM

WTB Gen Honda speakers

Hi I am after a set of genuine Honda speakers for my ST1300

JZH November 30th, 2012 06:32 AM

Re: WTB Gen Honda speakers

Speakers or speaker housings? The plastic housings are/were available individually from Honda dealers in Europe (or David Silver Spares)--I have provided the part numbers before, either here or on ST-Owners. I purchased them, figuring that I could find 4" weatherproof speakers at a marine supply store, but didn't install them, and later decided I wasn't going to. I'd sell them to you, except that they are in Italy at the moment, with my ST1300, and I am most certainly not!

Ciao,

ligito November 30th, 2012 07:11 PM

I emailed davidspears and they said they could no longer get them.

JZH November 30th, 2012 08:49 PM

If I really wanted to buy the housings (or the speakers) from Honda, I wouldn't give up at the first hurdle! I'd get the part numbers and feed them to other suppliers, such as CMS in NL, or bike-parts.fr in France, and I'd probably even try DSS again, this time using the actual part numbers. :)

Ciao,

West Aussie Glen December 6th, 2012 05:39 PM

I am after both the speakers and housings. I have tried several suppliers with the Honda part numbers for the speaker kits (housing and speapers) OEM Motorsports (NL) even took the order but after about 3 months returned the payment saying they were no longer available. I am on DSS wait list list in case they come across a set. I shall try CMS and bike -parts. Thanks.
JZH, I am interested in purchasing your housings assuming that at sometime you will be back in Italy. I will be passing through Hong Kong on the 24th/25th Jan if that helps. I will keep you informed of my search.

West Aussie Glen December 6th, 2012 06:50 PM

bike-parts list the Speaker Set plus parts so have emailed them re availability.

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/piec...+1300+ABS.html

CMS list speaker set but say not available, also list enclosures at 8 euros each.

JZH December 6th, 2012 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by West Aussie Glen (Post 27231)
I am after both the speakers and housings. I have tried several suppliers with the Honda part numbers for the speaker kits (housing and speapers) OEM Motorsports (NL) even took the order but after about 3 months returned the payment saying they were no longer available. I am on DSS wait list list in case they come across a set. I shall try CMS and bike -parts. Thanks.
JZH, I am interested in purchasing your housings assuming that at sometime you will be back in Italy. I will be passing through Hong Kong on the 24th/25th Jan if that helps. I will keep you informed of my search.

Keep your eyes on eBay UK and USA as well, as a set might show up there. Unfortunately, I don't know when I will be back in Italy, but I will keep you in mind.

My guess would be that the eight large-diameter speaker mounting holes are sized to accept the eight M5 well-nuts, and the speaker housings mount using the two holes on the sides (most visible on the housing on the right) to the same brackets where my BLM auxilliary light brackets mount. IIRC, the BLMs use those spring steel blind-nut clip things, but from this pic it looks like Honda intended the housings to mount using M6 screws and flange nuts.

In case anyone is wondering what this is all about, see the pic below. I don't have any pics of my housings, but they look just like the ones in the picture!

Ciao,

TimM December 7th, 2012 11:31 AM

As JZH said, the OM speakers don't fit in the fairing and fill that grill area. Rather, they attach back in the fairing and kind of point at the grills. Just about any good weather resistant speaker will work and probably sound better than the OEM setup. And, adding the OEM speakers precludes adding the Rostra Cruise control, if that matters.

West Aussie Glen December 9th, 2012 03:51 PM

Thanks Tim and JZH.
bike-parts replied saying no longer available so looks like I need to pull the tupperware off and see what speakers I can fine to fit.

TimM December 10th, 2012 12:05 PM

If you do find something that works to your satisfaction, let us know. I've done some cursory exploration for speakers but never found anything I decided to mount...