ST1300.us.com

ST1300.us.com (http://www.st1300.us.com/forums.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.st1300.us.com/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   saddlebag crash bars,after market windscreen (http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=5112)

mnrider March 19th, 2017 10:44 AM

saddlebag crash bars,after market windscreen

2 Attachment(s)
The crash bars are like new. Never needed thankfully! $40.00
Aftermarket windscreen with no idea of manufacturer. this shield came with the bike when bought used. Never used it as the stock shield worked good enough for me. No scratches. Just some light swirling from polishing. Very clear. Its about 3" taller and 2" wider than stock. Might be a Honda accessory. $60.00

The seat and crash bars are SOLD.
Sorry for not getting back to potential buyers over the weekend, but I was out of town. I don't pay much attention to my phone when I am.
As in the movie, Wild Hogs, throw the damn watches away! Same for the phone.

T.J. March 19th, 2017 05:44 PM

Re: saddlebag crash bars,after market windscreen

How come you don't want them on the bike anymore? Do they get in the way?

Just asking.innocent1

ligito March 20th, 2017 03:02 PM

They work very well and nothing gets broken, when the bike tips over.

sdownichols March 20th, 2017 03:40 PM

I'll take the crash bars. PM sent.

Steve

mnrider March 20th, 2017 07:06 PM

I no longer have the bike. I took the accessories off to trade the bike in. I will miss the old girl as she was a good ride, but Yamaha was giving $4k in discounts on the 2016 FJR. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab one what with all the latest technology.

mnrider March 20th, 2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdownichols (Post 51006)
I'll take the crash bars. PM sent.

Steve

Hi Steve, here is my email account for paypal. I had to renew the account as I haven't used it in a long time. I am an old geezer so it takes time with this computer stuff. I have to wait a couple days to verify my bank account. Then all will be well.
Here's the address: rnucech@hotmail.com
Thanks,

Ron

Redfish March 21st, 2017 10:11 AM

Good luck with your FJR. Did you get the A or the ES?

As you probably know the FJR has NO tip over protection. If/When it falls over it will be expensive.

Just in case you don't know there are two companies that do good stuff for the FJR for this issue. MC Enterprises and T-Rex Racing.

I just ordered the T-Rex Racing Cages and Saddlebag Crash Guards, these are much like what you just took off of your ST1300.

mnrider March 22nd, 2017 12:14 PM

The FJR is a 2016 ES. Hopefully, I can get it to be as comfortable as my 3 ST's were. I don't know why Honda quit on this bike, but I feel they made a huge mistake! I have heard nothing saying there is an ST in Honda's future.
Thanks for the info on FJR accessories.

March 24th, 2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnrider (Post 51029)
I don't know why Honda quit on this bike, but I feel they made a huge mistake!.

If they made major changes to the bike over the years it would probably cost $20,000. Who has the money for that these days? I think they decided to produce it as is over time as much as possible to keep costs down.

That lost them a lot of buyers right there.

When a 500 cc bike is $6000+ out the door and young people the majority of potential customers you have to make decisions.

I wonder how many were sold in the US 2003-whenever they stopped making them? confused1

DannyL March 24th, 2017 11:17 AM

SOooooooooooooo are the bars sold?
If not I'm a buyer right NOW! Attention1