ST1300.us.com

ST1300.us.com (http://www.st1300.us.com/forums.php)
-   Vermont (http://www.st1300.us.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   ST rider in Vermont State ? (http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=1228)

LEINADEUGAL May 28th, 2010 03:16 PM

ST rider in Vermont State ?

Hi . . .
sometime on weekend,I cross the Vermont border to ride around.Anybody on this forum live near my place ? confused1
(Frelighsburg,QC.)
Daniel

LEINADEUGAL July 7th, 2010 12:26 PM

Re: ST rider in Vermont State ?

Hi ,Again . . .

Well . . .confused1 it would have been nice to meet somebody from Vermont near my place (Frelighsburg,Quebec.) We both . . . could have share our knowledge of " our side of the border "with the other one by riding togetter ,on local ride on each side of the border sometime on weekend.

I did cross the Vermont border to ride around ,many time already this year . . . I have near of 2k (miles) done already ,since I wrote the first post.

As an example . . . last week end ;Friday I did 360 miles riding in the Lake Champlain ilands and Green Montain national forest in Vermont only and on Saturday 450 miles by riding in Vermont New Hamshire and Maine . . . went on route 17 to see the Moosehead lake scenic view and came back and . . . Cool! route 16 from Rangelay to New Hamshire have been fixed at last :cool:

Daniel

Kempo-STer July 8th, 2010 08:56 AM

Daniel...

A bunch of us will be getting together in Vermont (in Groton) in September for the weekend. (We call it NNESTOC) NNE = Northern New England.

We do the same 2 weeks later down here in Connecticut if you care to stretch your legs that far..

GRN July 8th, 2010 09:32 PM

Just missed me or I would have loved the excuse... let me know if you head west.

LEINADEUGAL July 9th, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kempo-STer (Post 8934)
Daniel...

A bunch of us will be getting together in Vermont (in Groton) in September for the weekend. (We call it NNESTOC) NNE = Northern New England.

We do the same 2 weeks later down here in Connecticut if you care to stretch your legs that far..

Kempo-STer ...

I know about the NNESTOC event . . .I been reading the ST1300uscom forum on a regular base since many years now .

I migth be going at " Groton " in September this year . . . it will be a good occasion to meet some of You Guys :cool:

There is not a lot of "ST" riders . . . :eek: near the Vermont border and Quebec border , on this forum compare to the number of "ST" I meet on the roads of New England . . . confused1

But there is someting even more strange . . .also noticed Your almost complete absence on our roads of My side of the border . . . why is this . . .any idea why ... Got one!

Just trying to understand why province of Quebec's roads, along the New York,Vermont,New Hamshire and Maine borders don't atract . . . observation base on the fact that I been ridding since the beginning of the '70 on both side of the borders . . .:confused:

Daniel

LEINADEUGAL July 9th, 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN (Post 8944)
Just missed me or I would have loved the excuse... let me know if you head west.

GRN ... don't you mist New England beer3

Daniel

GRN July 9th, 2010 11:57 AM

Not yet ;)

Kempo-STer July 12th, 2010 08:17 AM

That is interesting Dan. (about riding in Quebec)
I've been with GRN right up the NH/QC border but never crossed.

I will be riding to New Brunswick on Thursday (mosy of my family lives there). I may ride an hour West on Saturday morning from Grand Falls to Quebec and take a quick loop around.

There are not a lot of Quebec STer presence either here or on the other ST site..Maybe that's why? Just a guess?

LEINADEUGAL March 18th, 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEINADEUGAL (Post 8294)
Hi . . .
sometime on weekend,I cross the Vermont border to ride around.Anybody on this forum live near my place ? confused1
(Frelighsburg,QC.)
Daniel

UPDATE Attention1
Hi again . . . Vermont rider at ST1300uscom Following an e-mail received last week from a member on this forum . . . I realised that I had to update this thread because some important parameter has change in my riding time since I wrote in the end of May 2010. Oops1

What has change is that I only work on " WEEK ENDS SHIFT " now,except when I have to replace some coworker on week shift sometime,and this is since October 2010 . . . so I am still trying to find a near by " Riding Partner " but it is now for the " WEEK DAYS ONLY " . . . Monday to the Friday :cool:

Daniel

LEINADEUGAL July 6th, 2011 12:32 PM

Yesterday ,for the first time . . . I had the chance to ride in Vermont and New-Hampshire for a 550 KLM ride accompanied by Todd ,TB20710 ,a new Vermont member with a 2005 ST and one of is friend,Dean ,a very experienced motorcyclist on is Sporster 1200.:cool:

A special thanks to both for the nice day I have spent in your compagny and for the nice road You made me discover and guided me through .Clapping1

Next time . . .it will be on my side of the border.:D

For you Todd ,because Dean already did and he still doing it . . . il faut profitter de la vie pendant que l'on est vivant car nous seront mort longtemps ;)

Daniel

Attention1
P/S. To our good Chief Bottle-washer or . . . Todd " TB20710 . . . "http://www.st1300.us.com/member.php?u=2509 told me ,yesterday he is not able to post on the forum . . . for some reason .Thank You