ST1300.us.com

ST1300.us.com (http://www.st1300.us.com/forums.php)
-   General (http://www.st1300.us.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Need To Know About ST 1300 Multidisplay (http://www.st1300.us.com/showthread.php?t=4439)

cameroul December 8th, 2014 09:11 PM

Need To Know About ST 1300 Multidisplay

Hi netters, I just bought a 2004 ST1300. The problem is the multi display that display many indicator is not clear. Any body have any idea how to overcome this problem. Tqvm

chaissos December 8th, 2014 10:21 PM

Re: Need To Know About ST 1300 Multidisplay

I think a bit more explanation of exactly what "not clear" means is in order.

Is the plastic fouled, are the colors not to your liking, are they out altogether, or is there something else?

I could see how some pesky scrubbing could distort the display without too much trouble.

cameroul December 8th, 2014 11:53 PM

I am also sure that the problem is not because plastic cover. but the LCD itself sometimes seems sometimes lost. I read somewhere in the forum that the problem could be solved by connecting a wire directly from the battery to one of the connectors on the back of the display. What I know is we can't replace only the multi display unit but need to replace complete the whole set of meter unit n it will cost about nearly one thou.

cameroul December 9th, 2014 12:02 AM

I'm also happy if somebody know where to get a use (secondhand) unit of the meter so I can buy n replace the thing

Wjbertrand December 9th, 2014 09:14 AM

I've never heard of that jumper wire idea. Some folks have sent their displays in to have the LEDs changed to a different color (forget the place that does this). Keep in mind there are 3 brightness levels, perhaps your issue is a simple matter of adjustment?

Having said that, the ST13's display is not the easiest to read under certain lighting conditions. It is what it is.

cameroul December 10th, 2014 06:24 AM

Tq 4 UR response, but it's not because of that. I already try to adjust by using that toggle switch but the result still same. Just now I have read in Australia ST forum that the problem maybe linked to the battery. Old battery can cause that problem. I'm not check yet if that is correct or not.

Rob2m December 10th, 2014 07:17 AM

A bit is getting lost in the translation here I think, why not post a picture.

Wjbertrand December 10th, 2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameroul (Post 42948)
Tq 4 UR response, but it's not because of that. I already try to adjust by using that toggle switch but the result still same. Just now I have read in Australia ST forum that the problem maybe linked to the battery. Old battery can cause that problem. I'm not check yet if that is correct or not.

Never heard of that before. Battery shouldn't matter as long as the system voltage is normal with the bike running, otherwise you have larger problems than the display.

cameroul December 12th, 2014 12:31 AM

Tqvm for all colleague who respond to my problem. Never mind, after I surf many forum about ST at least I realize that so many ST owner facing the same problem an maybe until now the only way to solve is replace the meter combination

charlie_bravo March 9th, 2017 04:51 PM

My Multi Display just went south. Rode for awhile, stopped, and when I came back, the display had a oval type "white-out" or short affecting 5 of the readouts. Fuel gauge and clock are not affected. The only way to read the affected areas is to get a reflection off the display at just the right angle. Any updates on this thread as far as causes and fixes? Thanks.